Chapter 14: Nightmares

(Willa's POV)

I wasn't feeling well, and that was an understatement. I had knots in my stomach, and I felt dizzy for the rest of the day. Trying to ignore it, I spent time with my family until I decided to turn in for the night. I quickly slipped into my pajamas and brushed my teeth and crawled under the warm, soft blankets of my bed. For about an hour, I sat looking at the ceiling, listening to the night sounds from outside and it finally lulled me to sleep.

"Run! Go! Before it is too—WILLA!!!!!!"

I shot awake with my head pounding... what was that? Was that Tad? It had to be... No one else had that high pitch of a scream. The cold floor felt nice against my hot feet as I walked to the kitchen to grab some water. Even after months of being trapped in the Nightmare Realm, I was a sucker for human habits. The light flicked on and Bill stumbled in and gave me an odd look.

"What are you doing up?" he asked, his voice groggy from obviously just waking up.

"I could ask you the same," I respond.

"I asked first."

"I'm older."

"I heard you... so I woke up. Also, I had to use the bathroom."

"How human of you," I smirk, and he shoots me a small glare, hidden behind a smile.

"Ah, shut up... you started it."

"You're continuing it."

"Yeah, yeah. Anyways, your turn. Why are you up at..." Bill looked at the oven clock, "Belgian waffles, that late? What are you doing up at 3 a.m.?"

"I... needed some water," I hold up the glass and finish off its contents.

"Because...?"

"I was thirsty?"

"I have seen my fair share of dreams being... you know. Anyway, usually after a nightmare, people wake up and crave water or some fluid, I have also seen alcohol."

"Bill..."

"Hey, you were stuck in that realm for six months! I would be surprised if it didn't have any negative side affects on your sleep and seeing your outburst yesterday, I think you are dealing with something."

"I can manage, Bill. Besides, you have your own stuff to deal with so I can deal with this on my own."

"Willa... I know for a fact, that dealing with a serious issue like nightmares and sleep loss is not something you should be doing alone."

"Bill—"

"Willa!"

I jump by his outburst.

"Sorry... just... please talk to me. You're my twin and I hate seeing you upset."

This conversation was getting on my nerves.

"You didn't seem to have a problem locking me in a room and watching me be upset as I was watching Gravity Falls crumble, or when you stabbed out my eye!" I retorted.

Bill's eye widened as I stormed to my room. I immediately regretted what I said, but I couldn't change it now... I mean I could, however turning back time takes a lot of energy that I don't want to waste right now. But I hurt Bill's feelings... whatever, I'll fix it tomorrow. I crawled under the sheets and slowly fell asleep again.

"Willa! You need to go! Leave me behind, you'll be faster without me!!"

"TAD!" I shot up straight, nearly headbutting Will in the process.

"Whoa! Willa... are you okay? You were screaming in your sleep..."

"Huh? Yeah, Will, I'm fine... What time is it?"

"Eight a.m."

"What!? What about breakfast?"

"Ashley made it... we already ate. Bill said not to wait for you since you needed sleep."

"Did he now," my lip curled up.

"Uhh... Willa... you are beginning to scare us. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, peachy. Get out of my room, Will."

"But—"

"OUT!" I pointed at the door and Will shrank away and left.

I stood and stretched and changed to my new galaxy colored clothes and tossed my hair into a messy ponytail. Time to face my family, I guess. I stepped out and walked into the kitchen with a big smile on my face.

"Good morning everyone!" I state as I sit down, I look up when no one responds, "What?"

A/N: I'm posting again, wow! If you guys have any questions or scenarios that you want to see or ask, or if you want your own OC in one of my books, it doesn't have to be this one, let me know and leave a comment. Thank you!