Chapter 9: Fighting Feelings

(Kill's POV)

Today was wasted at the book place. Ugh, it smelled weird and it was full of gross nerds. I need to get out and fight. Heheh. I walked into our apartment and Bill was... upset? The living room was literally thrown apart and Will was on the floor, trying to pick up some broken porcelain pieces and glass that was all over the floor, his hands and knees were cut from the shards.

"Uhh... what did I just walk into?" I ask.

Suddenly, I was thrust into the wall, a very angry Bill with red and black hair and eyes... eye, was holding me by the collar. I coughed and caught my breath.

"What did I do?!?" I exclaim as Will continued to clean and shake on the floor.

"Ashley left me!"

"Tough break, bro," I grunted as my back went farther into the wall, "But you are going to destroy this building if you keep going like this. Why did she leave?"

"Because I treated her like... Willa."

Will stopped and turned.

"Well, that sucks, Bill. So sorry for your loss," Jakob said walking down the hallway.

Bill turned his anger on him instead, and even Will got into a more defensive postion where he could throw glass at Jakob.

"Relax, friends, I'm not here for long."

"Good. Get out," Bill spat.

"Look, I want to help you find Willa, I owe her an apology," Jakob nervously chuckled.

"Well, have fun with this doofus. I'm going for a walk."

"Kill, tomorrow is Christmas Eve," Will said.

"Yeah, and? That's tomorrow. And y'all got to fix this mess of an apartment because I had no part in it. Have fun, see ya!" I stated and walked right out of the door.

(Will's POV)

Kill keeps going out for these walks and doesn't get back until past one in the morning... I am growing concerned. But I had another problem, I invited Violetta for a movie night, and she was going to be here in a few minutes and the house was a mess with two demons fighting in the hallway. Even I was getting frustrated.

"You don't deserve her after what you did!" Bill shouts.

"That was several hundred years ago, forgive and forget?"

"NO! You broke her heart and made her weak!"

"She wasn't being compliant!"

"With what?"

"Me!"

"That's it!" Bill shoved Jakob to the floor.

"EVERYONE STOP!!"

Both turned and looked at me.

"I am tired of all this fighting. Christmas is in two days and you... you are ruining everything! I'm sorry Ashley walked out, but Violetta is coming soon, and I might propose to her tonight and you've ruined the house. So, get to work and clean up the mess you created, Bill!"

That felt... wrong. I hated that, being angry. I... feel worse than ever. Bill calmed down and turned to yellow again. He quietly started helping me pick up the broken ornaments and flower vases. Jakob started using some light magic to prop the tree back up and to put up the ornaments. We got it all cleaned up quickly and then there was a knock on the door. I turned to the other demons and sighed.

"I would like to have a nice night with Vi, please, please, do not destroy anything else, alright?"

Both nodded and disappeared down the hall. Jakob hopped out the window and disappeared into the night. I opened the door and Vi hugged me.

"Hey, Will. How are you today?"

"Uh... depends, but pretty good."

Violetta grabbed my hands, to which I flinched, and her eyes widened.

"What happened? How did you get cut!? On your knees too! Will!"

"Bill... wrecked the Christmas tree and I was cleaning up the glass. It's nothing. I can heal it," I smiled, but Violetta stared at me, then hugged me again.

"Tell me everything."

Tears stung my eyes again.

(Kill's POV)

I sent a solid punch at my opponent's face and they went out like a light. Smiling, I wiped the sweat from my brow and accepted my winnings and cheers from my fans. Then, I spotted someone, oh no. She was looking for someone. Climbing off the stage, I ran over to meet her.

"Tamma! What are you doing here?" I hissed.

"I saw you outside of my apartment and followed you here. Is this how you vent your anger?" she asked.

"That doesn't matter. Did you find anything?"

"No. No one knows how to summon a demon, let alone a specific one like your sister," Tamma sighed and looked around, "Also, I called the police."

"WHAT!? Why!?!?" I was beginning to panic.

"Because this is illegal. Now get out. Shoo!" Tamma pushed me out of the way before climbing out a window and running into the woods, she is a piece of work.

Suddenly, the lights were seen, and sirens were heard from outside. Everyone cleared and was able to get away before we got caught, but it was too close. That Tamma is nothing but trouble, I really need to find out why. I teleported myself into my room and cleaned myself up before I went to sleep.