Chapter 17: Better

China sat down in a chair behind a glass window, Soviet was seated on the other side of the sound proof glass. The one eyed Russian was holding the plastic phone in his hand and pressing it up against his ear, "China.."

China also had one of those phones pressed against his ear and he was wearing his black mask as usual, "Papa. Why did you want me to come visit? You know I already saw you twice this week. Did you need to tell me something important..?"

Soviet sighed, "I just need to make sure you're doing alright.."

"That can't be all. You wanted me here for a reason, what's the reason?"

There was a moment of silence. Soviet didn't want to tell his son about the nightmare he had but knew that his some was very smart.

"I... Well... You haven't been doing anything... Bad... Have you?"

China chuckled a bit, "Define bad."

"Like- I don't know-"

"Murder?"

Soviet tensed up at that word. China let out a soft sigh then put a small device on the phone, "What makes you think I'd do that? Is there something you're not telling me?"

Soviet looked at the device, "What's that?"

"A little something I made so people wouldn't hear my conversations. It mainly works on landlines, I need to fix that. I use this to speak my mind freely without getting in trouble."

Soviet's one eye stared at China worriedly, "What would you get in trouble for while talking to me?"

"There's many things I could get in trouble for. If I say one wrong thing the fucking police would be on my tail whether I'm guilty or not. I'm cautious when it comes to things like this." China leaned back in the chair then pulled out a small zip lock bag that had some white powder in it, "This could get me in a lot of trouble."

Soviet looked at the white powder then gasped, "Cocaine?! I KNEW IT- YOU'RE SELLING DRUGS!! THANK GOD-"

"What?! NO!! THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS IS!! Why would you be happy about me being a drug dealer anyways?!" China asked, kinda offended.

Soviet chuckled nervously, "It's a long story... And if that's not cocaine then what is it?"

"I'm glad you asked! It's a crushed bone."

Soviet's eye widened, "B-Bone..? Animal bones..?"

China let out a soft chuckle, "Oh no. Far from it. Human bone."

Soviet gripped onto the phone tightly, "Where the fuck did you get that from?" China smirked under his mask then put the bag back in his pocket then leaned forward and stared at Soviet in the eye, "Where do you think?"

Soviet abruptly slammed his fist against the table, "China Beijing you better not have done what I think you've done. You fucking promised me you wouldn't end up like-"

"You?"

There was ten seconds of total silence between them then China spoke up again-

"Papa... Which one of us is behind bars? I didn't end up like you. I did what you did and more and never got caught. I'm not like you I'm better."