In My Head, I Keep Hearing the Words "Fateful Encounter"

"W-what? I'm sorry, heh, I didn't catch that," I said, trying to smile convincingly over my annoyance at the boy leaning with his arms crossed on the headrest of the seat next to me.

'Wait, the person talking to me is that guy I saw sitting nearby.'

"Woah! You don't look happy to talk to me at all. Sorry...," he smiled sheepishly, "I just noticed that uniform under your jacket."

"What about it? *gasp* It's not wrinkled is it?!" I said, checking the perfectly pleated skirt for unwanted stains and wrinkles that would totally tank my reputation at Hope's Peak.

"No! No! Haha, don't worry, you look- I MEAN- your *uniform* looks fine."

"Oh, phew."

"So that uniform. It's the Hope's Peak Academy uniform."

"Yeah, it is. How did you know that?"

"W-well, I've got one just like it in my bag," he held up his backpack, showing me the folded up boy's uniform in a vacuum-sealed bag, "I'm a first-year. Today's my first day! What about you? Oh no, don't tell me. You're a third-year, aren't you!? I'm so sorry for bothering you!" He started to get up quickly to rush back to his seat before I spoke again and stopped him.

"Hey, wait a minute! I'm a first-year, too!"

"You are? Oh, that's a relief," he sighed.

"Yeah. You can sit next to me if you'd like," he tentatively took the seat next to me as I continued, "so what's your ultimate talent?"

"Why don't we save that for the opening ceremony at the school? You looked like you were sleeping, or at least trying to, when I came over. Sorry about that by the way."

"No worries, I actually noticed you earlier and kind of wanted to get to know you anyway, so I don't really mind. You can stay here if you'd like, just don't take any weird pictures of me while I sleep, pervert," I teased, scrunching my nose and giggling at how his face screwed up at my comment. I didn't mean the nickname; I honestly kind of trusted him a lot despite not knowing a whole lot about him, but I don't handle positive feelings toward people well, so this is what happens! ;P

"Pervert?! Uhh, isn't it a bit early for you to make those kinds of assumptions about me?"

"Aww, don't get so offended, perv, I'm only teasing. Besides, you haven't told me your name yet, and that was the first thing that came into my head, so now it's stuck! Oh, and before I suffer the same fate as you, the name's (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N)," I said, giggling.

"If I tell you my name, will you stop calling me pervert?"

"Nope! I thought you wanted to save that for introductions at the opening ceremony?"

"What if I tell you my name AND my ultimate talent?"

"No deal! Opening ceremony~!" I denied him in a singsong voice.

"Ugh, fine. Go back to sleep already."

"How can I go back to something I never got to because I got woken up by a pervert?"

The pervert pretends to have been asleep and "wakes up" before saying, "Huh? Hmm? Did you hear something? Oh well, guess I'll go to sleep, just like you should. See? I'm peer pressuring you now."

I giggled, feigning annoyance, before turning towards the guy and leaning my head back against the window. Just as I was getting sleepy again, I looked at him through half-lidded eyes and said quietly, "you're fun... and cute," and closed my eyes again, grinning as I drifted asleep, ignoring his confused speech at what I had muttered at the end.