ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25 - ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴊᴀᴘᴀɴ ೄྀ࿐

———

———

"YOU OKAY?" Lui asked, tilting his head over at me.

       It was the early morning and we were on the plane. Lui had to get back to Japan too, but wanted to ride with me instead of being alone on his own.

       (He offered to take me on his own aircraft—though I wanted to be somewhere crowded. Somewhere to drown out my thoughts.)

I was sitting in the window seat, away from the walkway that brought me anxiety. But even that couldn't help the heartache throbbing like a pounding drum in my chest and the foul bitterness of rotten flesh I taste in my mouth. I was far from okay. Especially what occurred last night.

"Y-Yeah..." I mustered up a smile in return. "I think it's just early motion sickness...I'll be fine in a few minutes."

"Alright." He sighed.

       I feel guilty for lying to him. But I haven't gathered up my thoughts yet. What was I going to say to him anyways?

'I can't get last night out of my head—why would Shu do that?!' My hand gripped the plastic armrest beside me, blooding moving away from the knuckles in an instant. 'D-Does it count as cheating—I didn't give any sort of con-consent—'

       "Bunny, hey."

       'Should I tell Lui? Would he get mad—obviously! H-He'll hate Shu forever! And I-I...really can't blame him for it—'

"Y/N." The sharp tone snapped me out of my trance.

My head shoots up.

'Crap...'

"Yes?" I ask. Even though his eyes were a dark, magnificent royal purple, pulling me in further than the Atlantic Ocean ever could—I really wanted to look anywhere else at the moment. "What is it, Lui? Is something wr-wrong?"

"I should be asking you that." He replied.

I felt so small.

It was like we were the only ones on the plane, in the fifth row with me near the window with the sky poured out bellow like a raging waterfall. His eternal gaze stared down at me with a complicated emotion that I cannot describe with words.

My hand released from my sides.

"Hey..." I whisper, leaning my head over and closer to his ear. He stayed in his seat, eyes now on the window once I was out of his field of vision. My voice was barely above a whisper as I uttered my words out. "Wh-What do you consider...as cheating?"