Chapter 3: Get Together

A.N: Hello everyone! I am finally back with Chapter 3 of "Masked"! Before we begin, I once again would like to thank everyone for all of their support 🙂 I also apologize for this taking so long.  I thought this chapter would be done fast...But I guess parties are really difficult to write...😅 But hey, it's here now! 😃 So in the last chapter, Lamby met Butterfly and Flamingo and they invited her to the little shindig that they're throwing.  We also got a slight glimpse into Butterfly's job at the show venue.  Anyways, this chapter is going to be about the get together.  How will it go? Find out now! Also, this chapter is rated T as there is some alcohol mentioned in it. 

Xxx

   Lamby sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror that was on the inside of her closet door.  She had a rather simple but cute outfit on.  It was just one of her hoodies and a pair of worn out jeans.  Her curly white hair was fashioned in a slightly messy side ponytail and very light eyeshadow had been applied to her face. 

   She gave a troubled look as Flamingo's words still echoed in her head. 

  "Remember: Dress to impress."

   "No no no, this is all wrong."  She said shaking her head, she reached into her closet and pulled out another outfit.  This one was also rather casual; just a plain purple sweater and a matching cream skirt.  Lamby tried that one on and styled her hair into a normal ponytail.  She checked herself out in the mirror again.  Once more, the ewe was not convinced. 

   "No, not this one either!" She groaned frustratingly, the sheep began to nervously pace around her room.  The light from the setting sun streaming in through the window basked it all in a warm orange glow. 

   "Come on, Lamby! Tonight is your big chance to meet some awesome people.  You've gotta make a good first impression."  She told herself, Lamby retreated back to her closet pushing more and more outfits aside before she saw one that finally pleased her.  It was a lavender tank top with sparkly purple glitter forming curly cue patterns all over it. 

   Lamby held the tank top up to herself looking at her reflection before smiling and nodding in approval.  "Perfect."  She said,   

Xxx

   Butterfly had just finished putting the last of the snacks on the refreshments table.  She dusted her hands off as she stepped back to look around at her dwelling.  She had cleaned the entire house from top to bottom until it was spotless.  The Rhopalocera knew that this was pointless as the house was inevitably going to get somewhat trashed, but she didn't care.  She even rented a karaoke machine per Whatchamacallit's request. 

   Butterfly smiled feeling proud of her work.  She then pulled out her phone to check the time.  7:30 p.m.

   "Everybody should be arriving soon."  She said to herself, she then turned on her stereo to play some pop music.  The song "Raise Your Glass" by P!nk blasted throughout the house. 

   The gorgeous winged insect lightly bopped her head to the music.  Right as she did this, the doorbell rang meaning that the first guest had arrived. 

   Butterfly giddily opened the door to reveal none other than the Crocodile.  He was another performer at the venue she worked at.  All of the ladies LOVED him.  His glamorous scales glimmered in the bright lights of the living room. 

   "Croc, you're here! I'm so glad you could make it!" Butterfly exclaimed excitedly,

   "Of course, I would never pass up a chance to come to a party."  Croc replied, the reptile winked and flashed his sharp white teeth at her.  He then handed her his pink feathery cape and sparkly bowler hat.