Chapter 10: Secret In The Woods

A.N: SURPRISE!!! :D

That's right, everybody! I'm FINALLY back with another chapter of 'Masked'! I was originally going to post this on the night of the Season 10 premiere, but oh well *shrug*

I simply can't believe that it's been more than a year since I posted the last chapter. That's insane. I deeply apologize for not posting in so long. This chapter was probably one of the hardest ones that I've ever written. That, and the past two semesters of school kept me pretty busy. But rest assured, I'm still watching this show and I'm still highly interested in writing this story. I hope that after this chapter is posted updates will be a lot more frequent. I also really appreciate the views and kudos' that this story has received while this story has been on hiatus. Thank you :)

So in the last chapter, we saw everybody throw a big birthday bash for Flamingo. But then a tropical storm hit the coast which caused them all to seek refuge in Flamingo's basement. Eventually the storm lifted, but where will our favorite masks go from here?

Find out right now! Here's the long-awaited Chapter 10! Enjoy! ^^

Xxx

The days following the tropical storm surprisingly weren't all that hectic. Much to everyone's relief, the damage that the storm incurred turned out to be relatively minor. Trees were knocked down as well as a few power lines, but the city managed to haul the trees away and restore the power in no time. It wasn't long before everyone's lives went back to normal.

Xxx

It was another typical Monday at Maskglen Junior High. It was almost 2:30 in the afternoon which meant that the school day was just about to end. Every student in the school waited on baited breath for the bell to ring.

Lamby was in her classroom with her last class for the day. She was educating them about the capital cities of European countries.

She gestured to the pull down map of Europe. "Okay class, can anyone tell me what the capital of Germany is?" She asked,

One student raised their hand. They were a little raven wearing a red sundress.

Lamby called on her, "Yes, Corvine?"

"The capital of Germany is Berlin." She said,

"Very good!" Lamby praised, "Here's another one. Can anyone tell me what country Amsterdam is the capital of?" She asked,

Suddenly another student raised their hand. He was a young snowy owl with piercing blue eyes. He was dressed in a gray jacket and dark blue track pants.

"Brisk?" Lamby pointed to him,

"Isn't it the capital of The Netherlands?" He guessed,

Their teacher's proud grin grew even more, "That's right, Brisk! Wow! Great job, you guys! You didn't get a single question wrong. I know you'll all do great on the upcoming quiz." She said, Lamby's hazel eyes then glanced over at the clock on the wall.

2:29 p.m.

The ewe pulled the cord to roll up the map and erased that day's lesson from the whiteboard. She turned back to her students.

"Okay, kids. The bell's going to ring any minute, so I think we'll stop there for today. Stay safe, and I will see you all again tomorrow." She said,

Just as she said that, the bell rang right on cue. The students excitedly flooded out of the room, thrilled that the school day was finally over.

The sheep chuckled and shook her head. She quickly organized her desk and gathered her things. For some odd reason, the ewe had the impulse to take the long way out of the school. Usually, she preferred to take the exit that was closest to her classroom to ensure that she could catch her bus on time. But today, the idea of taking the longer route instead seemed like a nice change of pace.