Chapter 8: Peacock

A.N: Hey everyone! It's finally time for another chapter of "Masked"! In the last chapter, we saw Monster and Miss Monster plan their wedding, but there were a few road bumps in their plans.  Thankfully, they were able to sort things out.  Well, in this chapter we're going to see the love issues of another mask.  Who? Find out now!

Xxx

   Butterfly, Black Widow, and Ladybug all danced around the stage as they rehearsed another one of their songs.  Since they weren't practicing for another showcase, and they had already impressed the people over at Mystery Voice Records, a lot of pressure had been lifted off of their shoulders.  So they were able to lighten up and enjoy their practices a little bit more. 

   Suddenly the door opened and Flamingo stepped in.  She looked around at the empty club before her eyes settled on the stage.  She watched her friends practice for a minute before they finished the song. 

   "Alright, let's take five."  Butterfly said to her group, Black Widow and Ladybug nodded and the three of them headed off the stage. 

   Butterfly panted as she wiped the sweat from her antennae.  It was then that she noticed Flamingo standing there. 

   "Hey, Flamingo!" She waved,

   "Hey, BBFFL!" Flamingo replied waving back,

   "What are you doing here?" Butterfly asked curiously,

   "I was able to take my break earlier today, so I wanted to see if you wanted to quickly grab some brunch? I heard Bee just added a new quiche to the menu!" Flamingo answered,

   The Rhopalocera smiled and nodded.  "Okay, let's go."  They both headed for the front doors. 

   "Butterfly, wait up!" A voice suddenly called out,

   The two friends stopped and turned around.  Out of the blue, someone came dashing out from backstage.  It was the peacock from the showcase. 

   Flamingo gasped as she felt her heartbeat quicken.  He was no longer clad in his sparkly suit and jacket, but a much rather simpler outfit consisting of a yellow jacket and dark blue jeans.  Yet, he was still super stunning in her eyes.    

   Peacock ran towards the winged insect and the fuchsia bird.  He smiled and held out a green handbag.  "You forgot your bag."  He said kindly,

   Butterfly smiled as she took the bag and slung it over her shoulder.  "Thanks, Peacock."  She noticed that Peacock suddenly looked confused.  She followed his gaze and turned to see her sassy feathered friend standing there completely still.  Her large mascara-coated eyes were as wide as saucers and her long curved beak hung agape. 

   Then both Ladybug and Black Widow walked over and noticed the three standing there. 

   "What's going on over here?" Black Widow asked curiously,

   Ladybug noticed that Peacock and Flamingo were staring at each other.  "Oh yeah! Peacock, this is our friend Flamingo.  Flamingo, this is Peacock.  He's new to the venue."  She introduced,

   Peacock smiled sincerely and waved at the other bird.  "Hello there, Flamingo.  I remember you.  You were at the show two weeks ago." 

   Flamingo still stood there frozen.  She looked like she was about to topple over. 

   "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh......."  She trailed off,

   Peacock blinked once in confusion.  He tried again, "So, are you friends with Butterfly, Ladybug, and Black Widow?"