Chapter 6: Night of Talent

AN: Hey! What's up, everyone!? I'm FINALLY back! Sorry I've been gone so long, but I got super stuck with this chapter because it's the longest one so far. And now I'm also back in University and my professors are just piling on the schoolwork. But hey, I'm back now! ^^ So, the last chapter was kind of a "Lamby-centric" one. This one is going to feature the whole gang again! So yay! Anyways, without further ado, on with the chapter! Also disclaimer, I own NONE of the songs used in this chapter with the exception of 'The Sparkle Bugs'' song. Enjoy!

Xxx

Four Days Later (Friday):

Butterfly, Black Widow, and Ladybug were all onstage rehearsing their act once again. The three insects were dancing around the stage singing to the best of their ability. Well, as best as they could singing to an empty venue. To them, it wasn't really surprising that nobody else was there. It was late in the afternoon, and The Doghouse wasn't normally open until the evening; after sunset to be more exact.

The Doghouse was one of the hottest night spots in all of Maskglen. The building itself had been around for some time, but the club was opened just the year before. The proprietor was none other than Bulldog, who was another one of Butterfly, Black Widow, and Ladybug's friends as well as their boss. He was a golden Bulldog who liked to wear very dazzling suits and shoes. To most citizens of the town, he was a really fun dude to hang out with. Apparently the building was bought and given to him as an engagement gift by his extremely rich and loving long-time fiancé, Leopard.

The place was totally empty as of that moment. No one except the employees were there and all of the chairs were turned upside down on the tables. The few other performers were all backstage primping and getting themselves ready for their turn on the stage.

Butterfly and her group ignored the slightly unsettling silence and kept on singing.

"Sometimes you've got to take a chance! Break the status quo, this is your time!" Butterfly sang, her hypnotic voice sounded throughout the empty place. Black Widow sang in perfect harmony with her as Ladybug pulled out some amazing dance moves.

"Yeah, you can't miss your chance! Don't let the moment pass you by!" Black widow sang,

Ladybug performed a few spins before singing her part. "Don't wait, don't hesitate!"

Then the trio sang in harmony. Butterfly sang the high notes, Ladybug sang the middle notes, and Black Widow sang the lower ones. "The fear will whisper in your ear. You just need to tune it out. Listen to the crowd cheer, yeah listen to the crowd cheer. Hear them clap, hear them shout, show them what it's all about!"

Then the background music stopped as did their singing. They stood there for a moment feeling short of breath from practicing.

"Okay. I think we've got that part down." Butterfly said, turning to her friends. "Should we work on the last chorus?"

"Butterfly, could we possibly take a few minutes to catch our breath? I don't feel very good." Black Widow asked, the Arachnid was super worn down; Ladybug looked like she was about to faint from exhaustion.

"Okay then, how about we take five?" Butterfly replied,

Ladybug suddenly felt her legs give out and she fell forward landing face-first on the stage. Black Widow and Butterfly gasped in shock.

"Ladybug!?" Black Widow said urgently,

"...I'm okay..." Ladybug said tiredly, her voice was muffled from being facedown on the floor.