Chapter 9: The Storm

A.N: Welcome back everyone to "Masked"! I'm SO sorry, I know it's been a very long time since I've updated, but college this semester has been so crazy.  Luckily, I've been inspired to write for this story since the premiere of Season 7.  I really like it so far :)

Speaking of which, PLEASE DO NOT talk about Season 7 in the comments of this story.  I always try my best to avoid spoilers while the season is happening, so please be respectful of that.

Anyways, with that out of the way, welcome back :) This chapter was a hard one to write.  The way that this chapter started and how it played out in the beginning was VERY different compared to what the final version is.  Nevertheless, I hope you all enjoy it anyway! Enjoy!

Xxx

   Butterfly walked from the living room and into her kitchen.  She had a small stack of dirty plates and glasses from a lunch she had just shared with a certain houseguest. 

   "It's so good to see you, dude."  She said, looking over her shoulder. 

   "It's nice to see you too, Butterfly."  A male voice replied from the living room,

   The sparkly Rhopalocera carefully loaded the dirty dishes into the sink and returned to the living room, dusting her hands off.  "I'm sorry that you made such a long trip out here."  She said,

   Sitting on her couch was a yellow caterpillar with pink fur lining his body.  His face was freckled and his eyes were wide and innocent. 

   "Aww, you know I always have time to visit my big sis."  He replied,

   Butterfly sat down beside the fuzzy larva and threw her arms around him in a sweet hug. 

   "Oh Caterpillar! I've missed you so much, little bro!" She said getting emotional,

   Caterpillar smiled and rolled his eyes.  "Butterfly, relax.  It's only been a few months since I saw you last."  He told her,

   Butterfly pulled away and smiled at him proudly, tears were brimming at the corners of her emerald compound eyes.  "I know, but still.  It's not often that I get to see my little brother."  She playfully ruffled up the pink fuzz on his antennae. 

   Caterpillar laughed and shoved her hands away.  "Butterfly! Stop!" He laughed,

   Butterfly giggled, "Sorry."  She cleared her throat and properly crossed her legs.  "So, how's college going?" She asked, Caterpillar was currently studying abroad in London.  He was one of the brightest students in his year.  

   "It's going great! I'm meeting so many cool people, life on campus is fun, and I'm so close to getting that degree I need to pursue Interior Design."  He replied enthusiastically,

   "Have you gotten your butterfly wings yet?" Butterfly asked curiously,

   "Nope, not yet."  Caterpillar sighed, shaking his head.  "But I've been eating a lot more.  I feel that my time to become a chrysalis is coming any day now."  He perked up at the end. 

   Butterfly gasped as she put a hand to her heart.  "Really? Oh, Caterpillar, that's wonderful! All I want for you is to metamorph into a gorgeous butterfly like me and mother." 

   "Do you think that I'll become a beautiful butterfly?" Caterpillar asked sheepishly,

   "Absolutely.  I bet you'll outshine them all."  Butterfly said, she hugged her brother again who just hugged her back. 

   Butterfly's phone buzzed on the coffee table.  She picked it up and saw the message. 

   "What is it, sis?" Caterpillar asked curiously,