Unit Placement...If I Really Belong In Any?

"Is there a unit for visuals? Because at least I'm sure I'm qualified there."

One might mistake a statement such as this relying on the pillars of self-assurance, confidence. But beyond the window, he opened for himself, have you wondered what's under the window sill? Because under, there is so much baggage not ready to be seen on the little window of his eyes. His charm and openness are only prepared for an open window, and not yet an open door.

It had been a month since Adonis became a trainee but the news of his official position and unit was still being deliberated. He wondered what if he isn't really fitting a current unit, but the company couldn't let him go because of his visuals? He knows it's always possible. Maybe that's why his face never held any doubt and regret because a negative would make him pretty useless.

But never would his charm allow this to see through. He wasn't transparent, not open to his youth or his age to show beyond the screen if possible. He wasn't opaque, not cold to an extent, unattainable but not unreachable. So yes, he was transparent. Allowing enough light through, his chosen charm, and nothing less, nothing more. Only shed a little light, because too much would reveal how less he really is.

"You've got to be in the hip hop unit, Adonis! You have to be!" But maybe he only shed as much because he didn't want the ones who supported him to know that he too doubted himself. Because look, the entrail of thrill from Vernon was enough to power the world's adrenaline. The energy that told him, I am prepared to save the world. Something he wasn't sure visuals could do. But how could you not return the energy with at least a smile, unpracticed and trying to shine without losing self-control? "Vernon, I don't even rap as good as Scoups hyung, Wonwoo hyung, Mingyu hyung, or you."

But the boy refused to hear that. Adonis had a voice in the lower range, and that was always a possible start. Yet unlike the others whose voices had grit and excitement like an eruption of its own, Adonis' wasn't like that. But doesn't make his rapping less attractive to viewers. He follows a smoother flow, and the ability to go through syllables clearly and quickly like a river really. But yes, untraditional to rap.

His voice may be like a river but his moves weren't. They were mostly sharper but had power unforeseen. Something that could benefit in dances. A presence also he was a good center with his expressions of taste with his lips telling a story with a quirk. Or how his eyebrows rested upon his face, and his eyes either big or small, had always told something clear to understand. So would Pledis take a risk for his presence and make him join the performance unit?

Or would he end up in the vocal unit wherein those members had voices of angels? Their range stepping upon the earth for an invitation of paradise. Something his voice was not yet accustomed to. Yet would its calm river-like tune be enough to score in?

"Adonis, the producers want to see you."

His smile had to be upheld, not a crease that wasn't intended to look confident and prepared. Not that he wasn't. His voice had practically tried to claim the melody of a borrowed song as best as it can. His dance had his knees remembering the same spots it would burn at, and his arms angling at certain degrees. The same could be said for his rap, tried to apply his own signature yet have the presence.

"I'm so excited! Go quickly!"

Every time he'd meet up with them, the producers couldn't help but think how lucky they were to score the boy. He was a walking model, and he was so near a big 3 company's grasp. Yet they were just quicker in stealing his attention. Now that they gave him attention, he attracts enough and would attract more upon debut. But they did know besides his pretty face, he did hold potential. He had stage presence for once, and charm, two important things for idols. Two important things to start with if his talent wasn't at the highest level.