Finally!

"You finally have time to call your sister?"

How long has it been since then? Many regrets and confessions begin and end with the same question. People and time were both undefined terms stuck to be a constant pattern in the reality of this world. But to Adonis, he liked the confusion present in the question. On how it can tip any side of the scale, and hold the world breathe on its deliberation. Plus, it allowed him to slip in a few teases of starved months, and easily heal with missed sweet words. "Noona dearest, as if your phone would allow me to call when it's always busy with other people's calls and messages." He worried over the seconds she did not respond and readied his words of apologies and honeyed miss you's when a notification rang through. His Irene noona was asking for a video call, that was why the conversation stalled.

She had the most youthful face in the family

She had the most youthful face in the family. With features taken in from their parents, and defined by her personality, he understood begrudgingly why his members were unashamed. Unashamed to state their ideal crush as her. Even if it was a statement repeated at least a hundred times not only for its truth but also for a thing to tease Adonis back. 'Irene sunbaenim looks so gorgeous in her dress,' 'I mean I understand why Adonis was graced with such looks, look at Irene sunbaenim. It's in their genes,' or the line that had him chasing them 'I want Irene sunbaenim to be my wife.' He could still remember when Seungkwan first said it, and the only thing heard throughout the dorms besides his screams were Adonis' whines of 'I already have you as my brother, I can't handle more relation to you.'

But even if he wanted to share everything with her in a single call, both simply had no time for the luxury. "I miss you, though. Don't be doubting that like our maknae sister." Adonis saw her eyes glaze, and he knew that she had experienced something similar. A phone call perhaps or visit, of their baby sister crying about the pressure and the distance their family endured. Yet, some things were meant to be discussed as three and not as two. So the real reason he called was just for that, something to share to his noona only. "But I didn't call because of that. I needed to talk to you because of... something."

The older girl's eyes may not have the keenest sense. But ever since childhood, she had him memorized. Like his tendency of counting the calories if he were to serve food on his own plate. Or how he'd snap his fingers when an idea was formed, and about to be spoken in words. At the moment, his teeth grazed his thumb, and she was sure that it was about matters of the heart. Relationships and romance he tried to be so confident about, but overthought. "Are you and Nayeon taking a step back or a step forward?" Most of the girls he dated were lovely. Up to her standards? Well, was there anyone really perfect for her brother in her eyes? Adonis was a boy she had left behind, and now that he allowed her to be his big sister again, she did her best to protect him. To be the one to fuss over him and give the all knowing stare when he wanted to cry. But in matters of relationship, she can be influential. But these things should be his own decisions. Even if she had her own thoughts, there were things she held back until he was prepared.

Maybe that day is today, because his sudden confession had finally allowed them both to meet in the same conclusion. "I broke up with Nayeon a few months ago because I realized I'm too in love with Vernon. Also, that I've unconsciously been letting him be my number one even against all those I dated." It was one thing to tell someone that you were in a relationship, and another to proclaim to love someone to always put them first. But to the boy's surprise, his sister wasn't shocked. Instead, out of all the conversations they had about his love life, this was the only time her face was relaxed. When her eyes shined almost brighter than his at the news, and lips pulled up in a smile so beautiful to her features. "Finally!"

His face only communicated a big question mark, and had Irene giggling. He looked so confused, but she would not take it against him for this realization was by far the best he had in the topic of love. It was not on the second skin of effort or attraction, now it was at the root itself. And to the boy she had seen fall in love with him throughout the years as well. Adonis and Vernon had gone through each stage of love and relationship seamlessly, so flowing that both had not made conscious moves enough to stare at the truth in front of them. "Minsu baby, I have seen you and him fall in love every step of the way. And I've been waiting until you both make something out of it, and not just hide it under the rug called friendship." She was sure her brother was malfunctioning, his face in pause as he tried to digest the information. Maybe she should've waited until she spilled her words but it was too tempting to resist. Her heart sored at his words, and at the awareness that she could not hold herself back.

She could not even shut her mouth long enough to spill another shocking news to him. "I also find it sweet that while you're telling me all this, Vernon posted you on his Instagram."

"What?" Through her screen, an earthquake happened from her view of Adonis. Her eyes met the edge of darkness as he cursed as background music. But instead of annoyance, her face painted a smirk of teasing, knowing that he tried to reach for his phone too quickly to check his Instagram. "Wait, you follow Vernon?"

How to narrate the next events? First, it only happened for a few seconds. But if a motion picture filmed it, it was worthy to be the climax of the movie. With the scenes prolonged, and expressions digested. Second, Adonis screamed with all his lovesick heartbeats trying to be noisier than ever. Understandable as he had finally seen what Vernon posted a few minutes ago. A picture and caption that had more and more fans convinced something was going on between the two members.

@vernon_98

a flower for my sunshine @98min_adonis

Lastly, while all this beautiful chaos erupted to build another part of the galaxy of Vernon and Adonis, Irene said words with an undertone of mischief and honesty. Words that mattered so much to Adonis because this was her approval of what they become. "I have to keep tabs on him, he will be my soon to be brother in law after all."

A/N: Interesting, Vernon has the approval of Irene. Now we wonder, what does this mean... Will the two finally be an official couple? 

Check-In Question: If we were in the same school, who do you think would I (your Author Aid) be in your school life? (EXAMPLE: Senior, club member, older brother figure, etc.)

)