y/n quickly stepped down the stairs and over to the door, looked in the little circle mirror next to the car keys; making sure she looked decent in her sleepwear

y/n quickly stepped down the stairs and over to the door, looked in the little circle mirror next to the car keys; making sure she looked decent in her sleepwear. she opened the door only to be greeted by the face of kira?

the ginger-haired girl lived three minutes away from y/n on a couple of different floors, so there clearly no way how she could be so exhausted, then again she is wearing her favourite sportswear, the only time y/n would see kids wearing it is when something bad is happened and she wants to look good while telling the news.

"k, what's wrong?" y/n allowed her friend into her apartment.

a clearly frustrated kira sat on the counter and munched on a random banana in the fruit bowl. she expressed almost dramatically, "i am so upset right now!"

"with...?" y/n asked as she closed the door behind her and leaned against the wall across from kira who wasn't enjoying her banana.

she exclaimed point the 3/4 banana at y/n like a gun, "you!"

she went on to explain why but it was hard for y/n to detect any english or japanese in melodramatic speech of whatever with that banana in her mouth.

"ok, ok..." y/n (after five minutes of decoding) quickly shushed kira down. she says softly pointing at kira's banana in her and. "eat, chew and repeat everything you said."

after couple of awkward glares of shame and chews, kira swallowed the last of the snack and repeated everything she said. "you didn't tell me that kaneki was talking to you today! i mean i know the boss's assistant now, but he has no right to barge in and say all that shit to get his way! i gotta do something or-"

"you're right-ish, but kira we're not in college." y/n explained truthfully and kindly. "i really appreciate you being the best friend i've always wanted, but i don't need your help right now. especially since the last time, you almost got yourself arrested .."

the two women laugh; thinking back to the time, kira's dad was so pissed at the girls for stealing his golfing gear just for that. fortunately. kira's mom was low-key all for it, and of course, so was satoru was supportive. the sorcerer even sent y/n little note with the drawing of a penis on it to remember him by when he had to leave for his missions.

kira says, cringing at the sour taste of that banana, "agreed, also do you have any juice cause that banana was sour as hell!"

"apple or orange?" y/n went on her knees and searched through her cabinet where all the juices sweets and bandages are.

she usually has them for times when the first years comes over (mostly for yuji) and need some beverages before their big missions.

"orange."

she remembered the time after the exchange event and yuji had a couple of cuts and bruises, being the kind soul that she is, y/n helped him while ignoring sukuna's declarations of war and sex (a poke to his eye shut him up easily)

"wrong, it's apple."

at the end yuji absentmindedly replied with 'thanks mom/mum' before blushing darker than his cotton candy locs. to be honest, out of three of the first years, yuji was her personal favourite, but she loves them all the same.

y/n threw a small carton of apple juice kira's way and sat next to her on the counter.

"what did he say to you?" kira asked, struggling with the plastic covering over the white plastic straw.

y/n briefly explained after sipping her drink. "he just wanted to be a better dad and wanted to see akane again."

"what do you think you should do?" kira asked.

"to be honest with you i don't know." she replied honestly. "i mean, it's important for a child to know who's in their family, but i want to protect akane from men like kaneki. she's my baby. but when he said he wanted to be a better dad... he sounded like he meant it."

"do you remember the times you and kaneki were together?" kira questioned.

"... why yeah?"

"he was like a dreamboat!" kira expressed passionately "the bad boy aesthetic all the girls drooled over, and when he picked you out of all the girls in school, you felt like you were on the top of the world! i mean most girls wanted a bad boy boyfriend. i can tell you missed that in him after the incident."

she softened her voice. "but maybe... just maybe you haven't lost that at all. maybe just been here the whole time...and after kaneki, you just became immune to it and saw something else in him."

"wow.. kira that was vaguely but so familiar.." a half-speechless y/n confessed. "did you make that on the spot?"

"less made it more recited it." kira bashfully said. "i watched a lot of rom coms on netflix, and imagine myself being the main character. anyways i gotta go, real housewives of atlanta is airing in five minutes."

the two girls share a huge hug at the door. y/n said in kira's shoulder, "thanks again k."

"anytime n/n. tell gojo i said hi."