Chapter 8

Chapter 8

TW: Blood, mention of homophobia and self harm (please don't self harm I know what it's like, life will get better and you are loved 💞💕💝)

(Y/N's) POV

I've been fighting this chick and she hasn't even gone down. I'm kind of impressed. I was lucky to have another switchblade on me now we are fighting each other and with switchblades for what felt like an hour, but has actually been 15 minutes. We are covered in bruises, scratches, and some blood on us still standing staring at each other. I was bored staring at her and wanted to go for the final blow, but someone had to get in the way.

"STOP!"

They said to both of us. I realized it was Pete as he was right in between us. That final blow I was going towards Henrietta for suddenly had to move out of the way, but I was too late as I accidentally grazed Pete's upper left arm. Pete grunted in pain from the cut on his arm as the crimson liquid slowly fell from his arm.

"Pete!" Henrietta dropped the knife standing by him in an instant, she looked at me with even more hate than before. "This is all your fault for starting all this." I rolled my eyes at her comment and replied back "Hey, it's not my fault if your boyfriend jumped in front of your execution to take the fall for you."

Everyone in the crowd ohhh'd in the background and some even agreed with me and started making fun of them of Pete being the knight in shining armor saving his sweet princess. "He's not my boyfriend dumbass." she said back; of course no one believed them. I wanted to walk away from them knowing I have better things to do than caring for useless mortals like them, but of course I didn't and I don't know why.

Eventually, the bell rang for class and the crowd left to go to class. As the hall was now less crowded Pete was starting to feel dizzy from the blood loss in his arm and Henrietta was having a hard time carrying him. I could've just left it at that, but there could be the possibility he may die from blood loss.

Henrietta's POV

As I struggled carrying Pete's body to get him to the nurse to patch up his wound, but the weight has been lifted on my shoulders, like literally. "Follow me." I didn't see their face, but I could tell by the voice it was (y/n) as she carried Pete's body with ease. I didn't say anything as I followed her to the nurse.

We entered the nurses office and we didn't see any sign of the nurse, she's probably on her drinking break, great. (Y/n) places Pete on a chair and gets the medical supplies from one of the cupboards. She removed his shirt and what I saw scared me. There were multiple marks of cuts on his torso and all around his arms, I didn't realize that I started crying. (Y/n) noticed as soon as she removed his shirt, but she worked on tending to his larger wound and tended his cuts.

After she tended to all his wounds she laid him on one of the beds to let him rest and turned to me. "Did you know about this?" in a monotonous voice. I shook my head no. "I knew what was going on in his life, but I didn't know anything about this." I was trying so hard not to ball out like a baby in front of her, but I couldn't stop my tears from falling. "What was going on in his life?" she asked. I then explained to her about what happened to Pete and how she helped him through his tough times.

(Y/N's) POV

Well, I kind of expected something like this was played out from seeing the signs it showed. From Pete getting kicked out of his home because of his father disapproving his own son's sexuality was absolutely disgusting; I'll be sure to visit his dad for a nice talk later. She even mentioned the names his father yelled at him before, realizing that I immediately regretted calling him that; I'll also be sure to apologize to him when he wakes up.

"I'm sorry." I said to them in a low voice even though Pete was out cold luckily Henrietta heard me. "It's okay, you just didn't know and I guess I owe you an apology for lashing out on you without being rational." "It's fine, and let me tell ya you know how to fight and hold your ground. I respect that, even though I didn't want to admit it aloud." I muttered the last bit to myself. She giggled a bit to where it turned to her laughing her ass off. I couldn't help it; her laugh was contagious soon enough I started laughing with her.

Later on our laughter died down and we sat in silence, till I broke the silence, "You know you guys are okay sometimes, you're some mortals I can tolerate." She looked at me and gave a sheer nod indicating that she accepts that answer. Wait-

Did I just say that to her! Oh god damnit I wasn't supposed to say that let alone even get side track to what I'm really here for, but there's no way of taking that back she heard loud and clear. Though, I do kind of enjoy her company...

But I can't let it get through to me.

Pete's POV

I heard some voices ringing in my head as I was starting to regain consciousness, I slowly sat up and saw both (y/n) and Henrietta talking to each other like they were best friends. I smiled a bit at the little bond that they created, they soon looked over at me and ran over to me glad that I was okay. (Y/n) bowed down to apologize to me very sincerely and immediately forgave her. I mean she wasn't wrong, I kind of jumped in front of their fight and got hurt. Henrietta told me that (y/n) tended my wound when I lost consciousness, but then I realized something.

As just I was about to say what I wanted to ask (y/n) beat me to it by answering my question. I looked down in shame, but (y/n) grabbed my chin gently making me look at her and Hen. "It's alright. You'll be alright. I'll kick his ass for you." she said with her eyes that showed insanity with an evil smirk. To be honest I was a little scared of her, but I think she was trying to make me feel better. It made me laugh a little, but it turned a bit into a nervous laugh then Hen hugged me telling me she was glad I was alright and that she and (y/n) is here to support me which made me happy.

Soon enough we started chatting, getting to know each other and when we tried asking (y/n) about herself she dodged the question. I didn't want to think about it, but I didn't, I feel like she's hiding a dark secret from us. I want to know what it is, but I don't think I should push her to tell us maybe when she's ready she'll tell us.

Some time later, I was feeling better so we headed out and luckily it was time for rehearsal; we walked our spots and did whatever.

After rehearsal, I went to (y/n) to ask if she wanted to hang with us for coffee. She surprisingly politely declined saying she has work to do. I accepted her answer and she left. Yup, I can tell she was hiding something, but something else caught my attention she started becoming a little more nice. Is she starting to warm with us?

(A/N: Hell yeah, 3 stories in one day how about that. Sorry for all the angsty parts if you're triggered by it. It's already midnight for me and I'm about to pass out lol. I'm gonna sleep take care and stay tuned for the chapter.)

1351 words~