Part 7 You like me back?

Otis and Olympia had started heading back towards the tube entrance, Olympia carrying the ambassador in her arms as she caressed the kitty's soft fur. They both soon realized that they didn't exactly know where the tube entrance was anymore, but figured just going back the way they came would lead them there.

"Otis?" Olympia softly asked him as they walked.

"Yeah?" Otis reacted, briefly glancing over at his partner, who refused to make eye contact with him at the moment for some reason. Otis was about to question her off behavior, but Olympia spoke first.

"You have a crush on Olive, right?"

Otis abruptly stopped walking, mentally questiong if he even heard her correctly. Olympia however, had continued to walk forward, either not noticing, or not choosing to acknowledge that Otis lagged behind.

"What?!" he finally managed to say, narrowing his eyes slightly in total confusion and disbelief. Where did she get the idea that he had a crush on Olive? He jogged up to her, matching her walking pace again. "What makes you think that?" he asked, puzzled.

Olympia looked over at him with a smile that he could've sworn was fake. "It's ok, Otis. You can just tell me the truth, I know you like her."

"But I don't. Not like that." Otis countered, still not sure why she thought this.

"I heard you two talking earlier and-"

"Wait, you heard us?" Otis gulped as he internally panicked, both of them halting their walk as they grew immersed in their discussion.

"Not really, just something about you having a crush on someone."

Yeah, on you. Otis wanted to say, but he wasn't about to give that little detail away and he was sort of grateful that Olympia hadn't figured that out on her own. He stayed quiet as he couldn't seem to form a reply.

"I saw the look you were giving her, Otis. Like you really liked her." Olympia pointed out, almost as if it pained her to say it. Was she.... jealous? Otis barely registered the quiet meows of the ambassador as the atmosphere grew a bit tense.

"I was looking that way because we were talking about-" he stopped himself quickly before he could admit the truth.

Olympia gazed at him expectantly, curious as to what he was about to say. "About what?"

Otis bit his lip nervously, wracking his brain for what to tell her. Should he lie to keep from the possibility of ruining their friendship, or just tell her the truth? She obviously felt the same way if she was jealous, right? Or maybe he was reading the situation all wrong.

"Um, I-"

Just then, the sound of thunder filled the air, both Otis and Olympia jumping a little in shock. They looked up at the sky as raindrops began falling, quickly turning into a heavy rain shower and soaking everything in sight. The ambassador effortlessly leaped from Olympia's grasp and darted off, clearly despising the wet downpour.

"Ambassador!" Olympia called, darting after the cat.

"Olympia! Wait up!" Otis yelled over the loud rain as he followed his partner, or tried to anyway. It wasn't exactly easy to see where he was going with the pouring rain and all the trees in the way. And after a while of running, he noticed that Olympia wasn't in his line of sight anymore, they had gotten sperated somehow.

"Olympia? Olympia?!" he called again, a bit louder that time, but all he heard in return was the sound of the rain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~