Two

I sat outside at the table across from Serena drinking tea. I feel good. I still feel bothered in some ways, but I still feel good. "I can't believe it's almost time to go back to New York already." Serena said and I smiled at her.

"I know, and you still haven't made your Sophie's choice between Brooklyn and the Upper East Side." I stated in a somewhat judgmental tone.

Serena sighed. "What?"

"If you go back with an uncertain heart, there will be drama and disaster for all."

"It's like choosing between eclairs and napoleons. They're both delicious."

"Except Humphrey's a doughnut." I scoffed looking at my watch. "Well, I would love to stay and talk patisserie, but I have to get ready for my perfect Parisian date. And to prove that I care about more than his title, I've planned a day of polite interaction with the proletariat. Think Diana, princess of the people." I stood up from the table. "And don't worry. Not even you choosing a Humphrey will ruin my date. Nothing will." I air kissed at her before walking away.

The car stopped and I looked over to see Chuck standing there. My heart dropped. He wasn't dressed like Chuck Bass. Even had a cane to match his peasant look. I felt my entire being tense up. Seeing him felt...no, no, no. "What are you doing?" I asked the driver. "Suddenly we're stopping for pedestrians? Vite!" The car started moving and I let out a deep breath.

I made it back to Blair's to see Serena on the phone. "I love you, too. Bye." Serena said hanging up the phone.

"'I love you, Nate' or 'I love you, Dan'?" I asked and she looked over at me.

"'I love you, mom.'" Serena clarified.

"Oh. Well, it's all right. Now that I'm an egalitarian, I'll accept it even if you choose Dan, and not just because he's ahead in the Gossip Girl poll."

"Gossip Girl has a poll? Honestly, I haven't even thought about it." I shrugged, setting down my bags. "Lena, I went to the morgue today."

"What is that? A sex club?" I smiled at my own jokes.

"A place where they keep dead bodies. I had to identify one because he had Chuck's I.D. Don't worry. It wasn't him."

I shook my head. "I'm not worried."

"But, Lena, I just hung up with my mom, and Chuck is missing."

I went over filling up my tea cup. "Well, consider him found. He was on the Rue De Charenton an hour ago."

Serena looked at me shocked. "What, you saw him? Here?"

I don't know why she's so worried. "Gossip Girl said I was in Paris. Where else would he be?"

"My mom and the police are looking everywhere. He hasn't paid an Empire bill all summer. His assets are about to be frozen."

I got instantly worried, but I shouldn't. Not my boyfriend, not my boyfriend. "I could care less about his Bassets. And besides, he's probably filtering his finances through some foreign government so that I won't know he's stalking me."

"Well, what did he say when you saw him?"

I rolled my eyes at the thought. "Nothing. He limped away, and I kept driving."

"That doesn't sound very stalker-ish."

I drank my tea to calm my nerves. "It's Chuck. It's probably part of some elaborate scheme."

"Well, he did have blood on his wallet, and you said you saw him limping. Don't you think we should at least make sure he's okay?"

I sighed. "I'm sorry he pissed off the wrong pickpocket. But I've been waiting for this date all summer. I'm not gonna let him ruin it."