Twenty-One

Louis and I have spent the entire day in my bedroom and it was the best time I've had in a long time. He does make me very happy. We were sitting on the couch together eating the food that I got Rose to bring us. "I must be off." Louis said and I quickly shook my head.

"No. You should stay." I stated, kissing his cheek.

Louis smiled at me. "Lena, it's 2:00 p.m. I've been here since yesterday. And as amazing as last night was, I need to talk to the ambassador." He stood up walking into the bathroom. "It will just be a few hours." Louis walked back out of the bathroom all fixed up to leave.

"A few hours is too long." I stated and Louis looked back at me.

"We're gonna spend the rest of the afternoon together. And later we'll have tea in my salon at the consulate. There's something I want to talk to you about." Louis said and I stood up walking over to him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Kiss me and I'll let you go." Louis passionately kissed me and when he pulled away from me I didn't want to let him go. But I kept my word and walked him to the elevator. I waved goodbye for him and when I turned around Serena walked out of the kitchen. "Hey, Serena. I thought you were sleeping at your mother's house." I stated.

"I did, and as it's 2:00, I started my day several hours ago."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, there's a tart in my room I'd rather attend to." I stated walking away from her.

"Lena," I sighed, stopping to look back at her. "this fight between us has gotten a little out of hand, so why don't I be the mature one and admit that I may have overreacted about you and Dan?"

"You don't say." I stated, crossing my arms.

"So let's just put this all behind us so we can gush about Louis already." Serena asked. I would make her suffer a little more, but I really wanna tell her about my relationship. If I keep going to Blair, I'm going to kill Sebastian. He keeps analyzing me. It's super annoying.

"Alright! Louis is fantastique." I took her hands sitting down with her. "We share all our secrets and our dreams for the future."

"Sounds like everything you've ever wanted."

"It's like I'm falling in love for the first time, but it's actually real."

"And what about Louis' parents? After the lengths he went to hide your date last week, how are they taking all the press coverage about him dating an American?" Serena asked and I might be over-optimistic, but I'm not too worried about it while they are gone.

"Prince Albert has no legitimate children, so as his first male nephew, Louis is next in line to the throne. I'm sure his parents have their heart set on an empire-expanding union with a hapless Hapsburg. But luckily they're in Botswana. They won't be back for two weeks, during which time, the European media will fall in love with me and win the commoners to my cause. This afternoon, we're going to church so I can be photographed being pious. Luckily, I have the best outfit for it." I stood up from the couch going back to my bedroom. This is going to be perfect.

~~~

I made my way into the salon holding hands with Louis. It's been a long time since I felt this way. "Do you think I made a good impression on the monsignor today?" I asked as we sat down on the couch for us to have tea.

"You were irresistible. He's probably second-guessing his vows right now." Louis kissed me and I smiled. "But, Lena, I don't want you to continue this constant charade for my parents. I want you to be you. And I want to be with you."

"The threat of your parents' disapproval is the only dark cloud on what has been an otherwise perfect day."

"They shouldn't worry you, certainly not while they're on a safari." He paused for a moment and I could tell something was on his mind. "But I do need to tell you something. I didn't tell you before because I didn't wanna scare you away. It may be too much."