Memories haunt your sleep

“Hisashi please don't hurt him anymore! He is our son!” Izuku hears his mother scream from the living room.

Izuku and his mother were hiding from his father for 6 years now and today happened the possible worst thing that could have happened. He found them.

After the death of his big brother Mikumo, Inko had changed their names and they moved away to hide from Hisashi. The two of them managed to get a small apartment and live there, well not happily but they were doing okay. Well, as okay as they could do.

And now that shit of a person found them and now their peaceful life was over.

The 12- year old boy was lying on his bed in his room, hands over his ears, in fetal position and silently crying. He went to his room after dinner and was doing his homework, when the door bell rang. Izuku thought it was maybe the neighbor or a friend of his mother but what he hadn't expected was to hear the voice that followed him in his nightmares. He hadn't expected to hear the voice of his father.

“THAT MONSTER OF A CHILD IS NOT MY SON!” Hisashi screamed and Deku began to cry louder. He wanted to help his mom, but he was so scared, he couldn't even move.

“Hisashi don't hurt him! Please! Just leave and let us live in peace!” Inko begged.

“THAT BRAT WILL BE A USEFUL LITTLE WEAPON! I JUST HAVE TO BREAK HIM A LITTLE!” Hisashi screamed with a crazy laugh at the end.

No. Izuku had to help his mother! The boy forced himself to stand up slowly and with shaking steps he moved to the door of his room. Maybe he could – he could – Well he didn't know what he could do, but maybe with one of his quirks –

“AAAAAAAHHHH!” Izuku heard his mother scream and his heart skipped a beat.

The young boy threw his door open and ran outside into the living room. What he saw made his eyes widen.

There on the floor, laid his mother. Her clothes were burning and every part of her that Izuku could see from this ankle looked burned. The air smelled like burnt flesh and the smoke detector began to beep.

“MOM!” Izuku screamed and ran to his mother, before falling to his knees beside her.

Her face was completely burnt and you could barely see the outlines of her face. Well, her former face. Her nose was completely burnt away and the lids of her eyes were missing too. Her mouth was only a hole in her face and you could see her teeth completely.

“MOM! DON'T DIE! PLEASE! I NEED YOU!” The boy cried. Of course he knew in the back of his head, that she wouldn't make it, but he still refused to give up.

Suddenly an incredibly hot and burnt hand laid on top of his. He opened his eyes. When did he close them?

Izuku looked at the burnt face of his mother. What was left of her face almost looked like she tried to smile and reassure him. To tell him that everything would be okay.

“I... houve you...” Inko whispered silently and Izuku could barely understand the “I Love you”.

“Mom! I love you too! I love you so much! Please don't leave me!”

He took his mothers hand in both of his and wanted to say more, but then a last shuddering breath left her lungs and the light of her eyes faded away.