2

Laxton Hendrix woke up with the sound of a fire alarm. He quickly get his suitcase and run towards his secretary who is sitting on his desk with his feet on the table.

He glared at him with his squinted eyes but he just took a glance at him and shrugged.

"You woke up five minutes late with the alarm I have set up. Looks like you're in deep slumber because of the blind date, boss?" He smirked.

"I hate you, Bill! Why did you set up a fire alarm instead of the normal smart display's ringtone?" He straighten his crumpled polo shirt a little at the waist side.

"I did it since you're not able to wake up on the regular alarm tone that's why I had to customize the ringtone. You're awake so I am successful to wake you up!" He gave him a bouquet of white tulips.

"Thanks, anyway. After four, if I'm not back yet, you may leave early. Why do I need to give white tulips today?" His face is distorted when he got the bouquet from Bill.

"White tulips means you're saying sorry. You're silently saying sorry in advance because I know what you'll do on your date. So better yet, gave that to the poor woman."

Laxton chuckled. "That's a good idea! You should order the same flowers in the future for my dates. Ciao!"

With a half smirk on his face, he walked down the hallway. Some of the employees are bowing on him but most of them, they wave their hand or he waves his hand as a gesture of seeing a long time acquaintance.

Honestly, he's not used to his position yet. It's been six months since he was promoted but he cannot get used to it.

He just set foot on the parking lot when his phone beep. He was bombarded with his mother's texts.

Why are you late, son? You're date is already there! Can't you drive faster?

I clearly told you to go on the date! Don't make me feel embarrassed!

I know you're schedule, Laxton Hendrix! Don't ever come up with an excuse not to appear on the restaurant's address I texted you!

He put the phone in the holder and dialed his mother's number right away. He didn't have the time to open all of her text right now. Maybe it will be a great use later.

"Hey, mom! Relax will you? I'm on my way to the place. Thanks for the reminder."

Margarita sigh on the other line. "Good! I can breathe peacefully now."

"I need to hang up now. I'm already late. See you at home!"

With a briefcase on the right hand and a bouquet of flowers on the left, he slowly walk towards one of the restaurant's staff to confirm his reservation. It's a good thing that his mom always put the reservation on his name.

The usher lead him to the table near which is on the corner, looks like a private table for VIP's.

His eyes met a long, shiny, black hair that flows up to the woman's shoulders. It made him stop on his tracks, made him rethink on the nasty things he already planned to do.

Do I need to humiliate this lady with a beautiful hair?

Yes, you did! You already planned this. If you back out, you're a coward!

Then the woman suddenly gaze backwards. Her eyes looks like a doll's eyes with light green color. Her face looks like a Korean actress since the make up perfectly fits her.

I wonder how she looked without make up...

No choice, he walk towards her and gave her the flowers. After she held those flowers, he swiftly put his suit case in the chair next to him. The woman was mesmerized by his looks. She cannot get her eyes off him from the time he saw her.