15

At exactly four thirty, Freeda and Czarielle finished all the lined up clients and finally, they are able to close the shop early.

"It might be the only day that we can close our shop early so, do you want to go outside for a fresh air? I felt suffocated! I wonder how you're able to endure anything while staying here all day!" Freeda use her fingers to fan out some air on her sweaty face. Her face is make up free now since she just finished washing her face.

Czarielle handed her fresh towel from her box. "You know the reason why I choose to stay here, friend. My family disowned me because I want to pursue my hobby as a profession. They want to take a different course because they are ashamed of their own child and family when they should be the one to support what I want to do in life. I don't want to feel belittled to myself. At least here, I can proudly say I worked here with my burning passion in Photography. I don't want to waste the following years being a doctor."

"I know, friend. We were together for four years now but it always kept me thinking. If your parents are doctors, are you the lost daughter of the famous Racaza Doctors?"

Immediately, Czarielle pursed her lips as her eyes became unstable. She didn't know where to gaze just to avoid Freeda's questioning eyes.

"I'm your one and only bestfriend and I admit that I still don't now much about you. Well, I know that you have your own reasons why you're keeping your life private since I'm blubbermouthed." Freeda threw the towel back to her laundry basket before walking outside the shop.

Freeda walking out of her makes her feel unsettled. They didn't have any arguments like a normal bestfriends because they understand each other but she still can't let the day finished with a misunderstanding. Freeda is all she had right now and she didn't want to loose her either.

Czarielle quickly gather her shiny, black, fake channel bag and slide it to her shoulders as she started to lock the store. She didn't have the chance to change her white snicker shoes to her comfortable feathery slippers just to cope up with Freeda. Somehow, she didn't want to be left alone at this time--only to be stunned after seeing Laxton Hendrix talking with Freeda enthusiastically at the stairs near the road.

"I would actually bring a fast food burger and fries but your friend might want something to eat particularly so I just want to invite you out." Laxton Hendrix put his left hand back to his left pocket and smiled a little.

"Really? Czarielle should be out any minute now. Why don't you join us for a meal?" Freeda shouted at her to get her attention. "Cza, are you coming or not?"

Laxton Hendrix walk towards her slowly as if he is modeling some luxury brand. He let out a small sincere smile before he offer his hand to guide her downstairs.

Because of tiredness and thinking how she should explain to Freeda about her family, her fuse pop out. She's annoyed that Laxton Hendrix showed up again out of nowhere.

"What is it now, huh? You're bored and you need someone who will entertained you? For your information, Freeda and I need to talk about something important about our lives and I don't want anyone to interrupt or any stranger to hear about it." Czarielle walk passed him but Laxton was able to hold her left wrist tightly--that made her face him again.

Her fuming eyes meet his pleading eyes for a minute. She felt some butterflies down her stomach as she eyed him like a lost puppy who found its home. Czarielle didn't remove his grip even if he had loosened it. Curiousity eats her as to what does he need to say this time.

"Am I bothering you a lot?" His eyes are waiting for her answer while silently saying otherwise.

"Fine! It should be your treat since I don't have much money with me right now. But still, I don't want to hear your comments."

Laxton Hendrix completely removed his grip on her wrist. Instead he intertwined their fingers together as he walk slowly to follow her walking pace.

The three of them end in a nearby Italian Restaurant which name is Cucina Italiana which serves more on pasta and pizza delicacies. He choose the table in the middle which is the only remaining available table since the table near the windows is not cleaned yet. Freeda started to gave her orders when Czarielle's eyes darted on the entrance of the restaurant.

Four people in Doctor's suit came in as they are talking about some family matters. She completely hear her name being called out that's why her eyes darted to the woman in her fifties.

"Mom, I just want to have my own clinic instead of working in a big hospital like you where Dad is the Director. The pressure I am getting in right now makes my mind go elsewhere! I should have supported Audra on her dream instead of making her driven away from our family." A man in his mid-thirties said in frustration as he is combing his hair using one of his hands.

"What? You want to be on her shoes now? Aren't you glad that you have a good reputation as a doctor in a prestigious hospital and any girls wanted to be your wife? I told you I don't want to hear her f*cking name! I don't have a child who is as hard-headed as a stone like Czarielle! If you want, you can join her but make sure that you won't never come back to me." The woman's voice is full of conviction and Czarielle felt her words stabbed her until her bones.

"You two, can't you wait until you get home before starting an argument? A lot of people are watching! I don't want to waste two decades of working in the hospital like a dog until right now! Just get your coffee and walk away, will you?" The man in white gown suit said calmly but Czarielle knew his blood is boiling rapidly inside.

Laxton Hendrix paid their order at the cashier directly since he is using his black card. "How does it feel to be a billionaire's heir?" Freeda asked her.

"I don't know! Why are you asking me? Ask him instead!"

Thankfully, Laxton sit beside her when he came back when the four people wearing white coat started to walk back towards the entrance. Czarielle's older brother Reuben saw her but she make herself slide to her seat as she cover herself with Laxton Hendrix built.

Of all places where she can see them, why would it be here? The Hospital they are working with is three Cities away from their hometown. And if his father took the Director position in the nearby hospital, does it mean they can see each other more often now?