21

Czarielle still couldn't believe that she was swept away by his charm that easily and she became his girlfriend that same night!

With the status difference between them, she has a doubt in her mind that her feelings towards him won't develop deeper and it won't last longer than what she can expect.

But who is she to keep her feelings for herself when Laxton Hendrix liked her too?

She smirked with the thought of them cuddling and kissing while in his bed.

"What are you smiling for, brat?" Laxton Hendrix left brow is raised from the other. He mimicked her tone earlier, emphasizing the word 'brat'.

They both chuckled.

"You had a weird word for an endearment, Mr. CEO!" Cza got up and went directly to the lavatory faucet to wash her hands.

"What? You started it but you call me weird?" He ran up to her, washed his own hands and sprinkled some water on her face using his fingers.

"You, brat! I don't have any spare dress to use! And stop pouring water all over my face!" Cza shouted while running away from him.

After getting tired of playing like a child, both of them ended up on the carpeted floor in front of the glass table. Laxton Hendrix moved away from the table and laid his body. He urged her to do the same and she did.

"You know, Mom is the only woman who knows this place, my place." His eyes met her curious eyes before he continued, "Don't get me wrong. I had a secret relationship before with someone and since I'm just a teenage boy back then, I don't have any say when she chose her career over me. Who am I to stop her when I haven't proven myself yet." He took a deep breath.

Czarielle cleared her throat. "I heard it's Katarzyna Reese, right? You know news has its own wings and it just happened to reach me." She chuckled.

"Yeah, it's her. It felt like the world I wanted to build with her vanished into the thin air without anyone noticing it. It really broke my heart so I took two part time jobs while studying Business Administration. I really hate that course before, you know?" He grinned.

"Let me guess. But because of beautiful women, you started to like it?" Cza faced him and continued to observe his face closer.

"Yes and no. Haha! It's true that my batch mates are mostly women and they are beautiful but I started to like the course because my dad keeps on saying that I can't finish the course and that I should prepare myself to be a pauper with my attitude. Well, he didn't know my grades back then because he is usually out of town, leaving mom and I with a nanny and a housekeeper." Laxton Hendrix extended his right arm to put her head on it and pull her closer.

"That's very sad. Or maybe, he is just pushing you to do something out of your comfort zone. You know parents will do anything to their children's benefit. Like my mother who wanted me to be their next kin of doctor." She snorted at the memory.

"You didn't try to learn in med school?" Shocked was written all over his face.

"Of course, I tried! That was the one hell of a year! Only my brother Reuben is the one who always asks me how I'm coping up everyday. I really love him. He is my favorite elder sibling. He is a doctor now because he is cowardly enough to rebel against our parents. He gave up his dream to be a painter because of our controlling mother." She released a deep sigh.

"You miss them, don't you? I wish I had those childhood memories but I'm a sole heir." Laxton Hendrix's eyes watered a little and he secretly wiped it off with his fingers.

"I miss my brother so much. Unlike my hypocrite sister--pretending to be obedient just because she loves luxurious bags and jewelry that she could flaunt to her friends." Cza rolled her eyes.

"Ah, you're the youngest? I believe your brother envy you so much because you get what you want to be." Laxton Hendrix slowly moved closer for their face to have the same level.

"His eyes told me so, yeah. Reuben's eyes are pleading for me to do what I love to do, unlike him.   Do you remember when we ate out with Freeda? I bet you didn't see them but I hid with my parents and Reuben that time. I don't want them to know that I live nearby, especially Mom because she will pester me to death."

"Don't worry, I won't let them get near you." Laxton Hendrix hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead gently.

The long silence filled the air between them. Czarielle fell asleep after while Laxton Hendrix loft her to his king size, comfy bed. After leaving her there, he dialed Billy's number.

"Hey, Bill. I want you to find who Czarielle's family is. I want to know about it tomorrow at six."

"Your highness, it's past two in the morning but you want the result at six? Nobody cannot find it that fast!"

"Should I always tell you to use my money and connection to get what I want? This is urgent, Bill. I want to get it ASAP!" Then he hung up his phone and went back beside his sleeping soundly angel.

*****

With chaos that Laxton Hendrix did at the previous Board member meeting, in which Katarzyna's uncle is one of it, the news reached her ears.

"That bitch he was with is his secret girlfriend that even his mother never knew? Huh!"

"Calm down, Reese. Their relationship won't last, as his father said. We just need to wait for our timing to set things up with him and he will take the bait. In no time, you will be the wife of a Billionaire." The man in his mid fifties chuckled loudly.

"I can't calm down, uncle! I know him and he will eventually let the world know her existence! He even humiliated me at the mall!" Tarzy throws her right fist at the table where the fruits slightly jump out of its basket.

"That's because of your reckless actions! I told you to get his mother's affection, not directly his! You need to have a lot of patience, woman! Or if you're itching to be with someone to ease your needs, just find someone out there but be sure to straighten your focus on our goal!" The man in mid fifties stood up and marched outside that japanese sushi restaurant without glancing backwards at his niece.

"You're right, uncle. I better find someone to ease my needs and frustrations." Tarzy dialed a number on her phone.

"Hey, are you available tonight? It's a booty call and you'll be paid. Same place as yesterday."

After the call, she retouched her makeup, put on another layer of her blue-violet lipstick and slowly walked outside that VIP room.