13

Czarielle promised herself not to ask about Tarzy whom she saw yesterday night but when she remembered how the girl confidently said that she's always Laxton Hendrix's date in any business function he's attending, her curiousity is starting to eat her mind.

She grimaced to herself while practicing who she can ask Billy about it. She's opening and closing her mouth for some time now while pretending to watch the tall buildings the taxi is passing by from his side.

Billy took a deep sigh and slightly tap her shoulders, that made Czarielle look him on the eye. "What do you want to know about my boss? I'm silently observing you from the time we sat on this taxi up until this moment and I can see your hesitating a lot?"

"I...Just don't let your boss know about this. He might think that I'm interested with his affairs."

"Okay, I promise not to tell him. Well, you're lucky that I knew all of his previous blind dates. Just spill your question and I'll answer you as truthfully as I can." He gave her a reassuring wide smile and a wink.

"Does a name Tarzy ring a bell to you? I don't know that much about her but she might be your boss acquaintance? I swear, I just want to know--" Both of Czarielle's hands are swaying in the air while she's trying to explain herself.

Billy mimicked her actions. "Katarzyna Reece? Laxton Hendrix and her is somewhat a close acquaintance but I can't tell you that they're best friends because as you can see, I am my boss reliable best friend and at the same time his secretary. Well, it's a long story and what I can tell you right now is that my boss fell in love with her at first sight. He doesn't know how to tell her about it so he always bring her as his companion in every party he's invited to attend."

The taxi stopped in front of a small dress shop and both of them went out. Billy told the taxi driver to wait for them since they have another place to go.

"So, the rumor I had heard that he and Tarzy is a thing is nearly not the truth but the other way around?" Czarielle's left brows furrow as she stopped in the middle of the stairs in front of the dress shop.

Billy urges her to continue walking inside and he pointed a simple yellow-green, knee length summer dress to her. "I think that dress will suit you. Don't worry, I'll put it on my boss tab since he's also a regular here."

Czarielle was ushered to a fitting room by one of the shop attendees and she nodded in her reflection in the mirror after she put the dress on her slender body.

He knew how to choose a nice dress, huh?

When she went out of the fitting room, both of them went straight back to the taxi.

She didn't have a chance to ask Billy because he started to continue what he's saying after he provided the address to a SteakHouse where Laxton Hendrix would usually go in with his blind dates.

"Getting back to what I'm saying earlier, since my boss didn't meekly said anything to me, they didn't get into any kind of relationship. Sometimes I heard that Tarzy is spreading that she's the CEO's girlfriend to get close to his connections. Well, she's an amateur model before but after getting close to Laxton Hendrix, she got a lot of offers and just a couple of years ago, she vanished in thin air without saying anything to him. That's all I know."

"That's a given that he's a good catch with his good looks, wealth, connections and everything he had but I guess no one can stay on his side because of his temper." Czarielle rolled her eyes and gaze back to the window on her side.

"It's a secret between me and my boss best friend so better not tell him and I told you about her in the first place. I might get fired, really."

She just shrugged it off as they silently wait for their destination.