22

The next day, Cza woke up with the aroma of brewing coffee.

Since she's the person who always needs to eat breakfast, who is she to ignore the good food?

And with the sight of Laxton Hendrix cooking breakfast, she smiled.

Czarielle always dreamed of having her own family waking up with someone cooking in the kitchen while the kids are running downstairs for breakfast.

Well, it might come true now.

"Oh come on! I shouldn't dream while awake." She chuckled but Laxton Hendrix heard her clearly.

"What? Is it impossible for you to have someone like me?" He put down the wok ladle and walked towards her.

"Yeah, it's only a one percent possibility that someone so ordinary like me will meet a billionaire's son."

"One percent is still a possibility because you have me now. Anyway, its too early for a serious talk. Let's enjoy this day before we go back to work tomorrow, okay?" His mesmerizing smile makes her say yes.

They walk towards the table where fried rice, fried hot dogs, eggs and a couple of cut fruits are arranged beautifully on the plates.

"In fairness, you know how to cook fried eggs." Cza teased him.

"Of course! Who in the world doesn't know how to cook eggs?" Laxton Hendrix's left eye brow went up.

"Freeda! Haha! That's why she always had the food delivered to her house."

After the breakfast, they watched another movie on Netflix and in the middle of the movie, Laxton Hendrix got a call from Billy.

"Yes, Bill?" He excused himself and went to his room before he answered the call.

"There's no record as to which family she comes from. Looks like her records were fully deleted in any automated system."

"Only a family who has connections everywhere can do that. A powerful family..."

"Yeah. Maybe you can ask your mother to do the background check? She wouldn't mind if you let her know that you want to know your girlfriend's family background."

"I'll think about it."

"Remember you promised your mom that she would meet her future daughter-in-law this coming week?"

"For god sake, Billy! Don't ruin my mood, okay? Let's just keep this for ourselves."

"Always at your service! Ciao!"

When Laxton Hendrix went back to the living room, Cza was sleeping soundly while the movie credits were rolling on the television screen.

He smiled and watched her sleep.

He will never forget last night when she said yes. His lips spread to make a wide smile.

His hand traces her left jawline by its own, as if it has his own mind.

Those long black lashes, her rounded bare face, her natural beauty is timeless. He would never mind waking up everyday with this sight!

*****

Margarita went to meet up with her amiga, Katelyn--Katarzyna's mom.

They meet up in a cafe inside the All Mall which serves different coffee and tea with cakes.

Margarita ordered an Irish coffee while Katelyn ordered Chamomile tea.

"So, did our children hit off? I mean who wouldn't want my daughter as theif girlfriend? She's beautiful, a well- known model and actress and she graduated from the International School for Fashion in Paris, don't you think so?" Katelyn grinned.

Margarita sipped her coffee to hide her smirk. She didn't know that her highschool friend is this boastful and proud. If she knew sooner, she wouldn't match her son to her daughter!

"Well, I don't force my son to like this girl or not. I always let him choose who he wants to date. I just matchmake him to any prospective girlfriend I know." She smiled fakely.

"I can tell you, they will have a date set up soon. Would you like to make a bet? A hundred grand from me." The corner of Katelyn's lips twitched into a smirk.

Margarita wants to say 'I beg to differ' but she didn't comment because she got an sms from Billy.

She quickly opened it and saw pictures of Laxton Hendrix with a woman he's kissing in his private place. The other pictures were them sleeping together in the living room, side by side. And the last picture shows the two of them laughing.

Another message came in.

From Billy:

Auntie, Laxton finally has a girlfriend! Don't let him know I snap some pictures from his own surveillance camera in his private home, he'll fire me.

Margarita chuckled in excitement after she read the message.

To Billy:

Her name? I think I need to do some background checking.

From Billy:

Of course! Czarielle Audrey Racaza. That's what I heard from her best friend. Let me know if I need to separate them after the background checking, auntie.

To Billy:

I'll forward the files once I got them.

Katelyn's frown went away when she saw Margarita put back her phone in her red Prada wristlet wallet and she smiled at her.

"I wonder if my son will be able to set up a date with your daughter. He'll be very busy with his schedule." Now, its her time to smirk. "One hundred grand for me as well. Excuse me, I need to attend a business dinner with a client. I'll call you when I win the bet."

Margarita put a couple of money below her cup before she gracefully turned her back to Katelyn and walked towards the door where they both entered earlier.

"Easy one grand, haha!" She muttered to herself before she dialed their family's private investigator.

Someone coughs on the other line--meaning the Private Investigator is with someone.

"Just listen and don't say anything. Find all the things about Czarielle Audrey Racaza's family and their whereabouts. I need it asap for my son."

"Copy."

When she reached the parking lot, their family chauffeur Henry opened the door for her and before he went to the driver's seat and drove away.

"Let Misha--my secretary, know first things tomorrow that I don't want Katelyn Miramontes or any of her family members visiting any of our office premises starting tomorrow."

"Madam, what about his brother who is also a Board Member, should we ban him?"

"Not yet. I'll let you know when. Those people are sly, boastful and disgusting people!"

"Yes, Maam!" Henry salutes at her.

Well, the Vanderveide's maid, chauffeurs and two secretaries have their own place as a benefit of working with them. They have their own staff house near the mansion with their family and in return, they are loyal to the family.

Who would dare tell a story outside their house when they have a lot to lose than they will gain? No other family will treat them like a family...