16

Laxton Hendrix's forehead wrinkled as he stared at the emotions that showed up on Czarielle's face. For the first time, he wanted to ask her what's wrong and he wanted to comfort her as well.

He is not as insensitive as he seems to other people but he makes it look like he's like that to cover his own emotions. As a conglomerate's heir, he also have a fair share of sentiments in life for those factors that he can't control on his own.

"Is there something wrong with the food? Would you like me to get you something?" His voice sounds a little bit strained.

Czarielle just waved her right hand as she let her head touch the table while she continued glaring at the last person who left the restaurant.

Freeda signaled him to just let her be. Both of them eat the special carbonara pasta with clams and mussels.

Minutes passed by and Czarielle broke the silence when she accidentally slipped the fork. It made a loud thud on the white tiled floor.

She silently cursed when her eyes landed on the couple eating near their table. She bowed her head and murmured her sorry.

"Do you want me to get you another fork?" Laxton voluntarily offered but he didn't get any answer.

Instead, Czarielle taps her best friend's right shoulder before she walks towards the bathroom.

As expected, Freeda ran her mouth around after both of them went to the sink and washed their hands with a liquid soap.

"So, what was that about? Do you know those people earlier? I don't believe that it's just a coincidence that their daughter has the same name as you. Of all seven billion people, does anyone have the same unique name as you? That's absurd!" Freeda handed her a tissue to dry her hand.

Czarielle silently opened the cubicles around them before she explained. "I know them, Freeda. And it's not a coincidence because I was once a part of that family." Her eyes became gloomy as she closed her eyes and waited for her reaction.

"W-wait, what?!"

"Yes, I am their youngest daughter, Czarielle Audra Racaza. To answer your question before, yes I came from a prominent family of doctors but I was disowned by my own family." Czarielle's knees wobble like jelly so she went to sit on one of the vacant toilet cubicle.

Freeda was shocked by the sudden revelation she heard. Her mouth was left open and she just came back to reality when someone nudged her. The old woman needs to begin her cleaning work.

Freeda shut her mouth closed, signaling Czarielle to continue their conversation outside.

On the other hand, Laxton Hendrix called the waiter and gave his own card to pay for their food. He is as curious as Freeda but he chose not to ask. He knew that both of the ladies needed to talk first.

He is patiently waiting on their table, his right foot slowly tapping the floor when his phone rings. His mother is calling.

"Mom, what's up?"

"I want you to meet one of my colleague's daughter. When I showed her your picture, she was instantly interested to see you! It's a good thing that I saw them earlier while I'm shopping for your dad's camping tent! Can you come right away? We are at--"

"I'm busy right now. I'm with the recent girl I met. You want me to have a girlfriend, right? Just don't compromise me to any blind dates or whatsoever and in a couple of weeks or maybe next week, you'll meet your future daughter-in-law, I promised." He whispered  on the phone.

"This will be the last, son. Just meet her once and I'll let you choose if you still want to pursue that girl or my colleague's daughter. By the way, if I need to cancel your appointment this afternoon, just say so. I'll directly contact the clients for you. We'll be here in Steakhouse until two in the afternoon. See you!"

Laxton Hendrix muttered a curse. Why of all time, his mother chose today for the sudden meet up? He messed up his straight combed hair as he was so pissed!

Czarielle saw him in front of the restaurant while he's messing his hair and wiggling his head nonstop.

Well, she can't deny the fact that Laxton Hendrix is eye-catching even if he is only wearing his casual white polo and black pants. She was attracted to him, yes, but she can't let him hear it or even Freeda because they will tease her to death! Over her dead beautiful and sexy body!

The two ladies went back to their table to get his black coat and Freeda's sling bag with her phone inside.

"You shouldn't leave your bag unattended in this crowded restaurant! When will you start to always put your bag on your shoulder?!" Czarielle confronts Freeda with a fake smile on her lips.

"Oh, come on! This isn't like a regular restaurant where anyone can get anything they want! There are a lot of cameras all over the place! Besides, I want to test if someone will get it." Freeda just shrugged and marched towards the exit.

When the two of them reached Laxton's spot, Freeda said aloud, "We still need to continue that conversation, Cza. I haven't forgotten it."

Czarielle rolled her eyes and utter something without any words coming out of her mouth.

Laxton Hendrix got what the message is all about so he apologetically stopped their silent mouth battle by speaking up. "I'm sorry ladies, I have an urgent thing to attend to. My mom called me about--"

"Its okay, we need to go back to the studio, anyway. We can just walk back." Freeda answered quickly.

"I can still take you two back--" Laxton offered but who is he to refuse Cza's response?

"No need. Thanks for the free lunch." Cza smiled sweetly before she gave him his black coat. "I guess, see you around then. Bye!"

They are already two meters away but Laxton can still hear Freeda's voice.

"Wow, so you're already expecting him to come back more often? I thought he's not your type?"

Laxton silently smiled even if he didn't hear Cza's response.

He texted his mom that he'll be on the way. He actually didn't know if its a good thing that her mom is only in the other direction of the mall he brought the two ladies in.

He was ashamed for the sudden appointment but he can't say no to his mom yet. Not unless he will give in to that 'last meet up' while thinking of how he can convince Czarielle to pose as his fake girlfriend for his mom to stop setting up his boring blind dates!