Chapter 7

Marinette's POV

I walked down, into the dungeons. I went to the most secure door, no one could ever dream of getting out of there. It was dark and had spiders crawling all through it. The pipes are all leaking, and your hands have to be bound to the wall. Not just your hands: arms, ankles, legs, neck, torso, it's impossible to escape.

"Mother," I said through the siding window. She snarled. "Would you like to have a chance to kill me?" I asked. She froze.

"Yes," she said, short and sweet. "Why?"

"Let's just say...I want a challenge." She smirked and I shot her with a numbing dart. I used my illusions to get her out, and into the training ring, where no one would be at this hour. Plus, she wouldn't be able to get out. It only works with certain people's fingerprint, hand scan, and a phrase only the person would know.

I lied her down and put a katana in front of her for when she wakes up, which will only be in a few minutes. I had mine ready for when it happens. About sixty seconds past, and she woke up, rubbing her head. She looked at me with the most hateful glare and charged, katana in hand. We fought for a while, it was the hardest workout I've had in a long time. I was actually sweating. "You get your fighting skills from your mother's side," she said, "Quite the challenge."

"And when are you going to tell me who my father is?"

"Maybe I'll tell you right before you die....though, he is quite a fighter."

"Thanks for the terrible clues, Mother," I said as I landed a strike at her leg. She didn't even wince. "Leave it to Jane Fu to not tell her daughter who her own father is."

"Ok, if you survive this, I'll tell you," she said. That caught me off guard, and she landed a punch on my nose. The thing that startled me the most was that...she compromised. When she punched me, a loud crunch was heard. Eh, I'll have Tikki heal it later. I then landed a harder punch on her nose, and she chuckled. Let's just say...

My mother and I have a twisted relationship.

If one of us harm the other one, that one is automatically driven to do the same. My mother didn't always want to kill me, but one day...she just turned mad. Grandfather caught her strangling me; it pained him to have to lock her in the dungeon. I visit her time it time, but grandfather never does. Even when I was on my last mission, I teleported here frequently.

My mother attempted a strike to the head, but it backfired on her when I used my katana to launch it away from her. She was shocked, "H-how did you..." I then swiftly placed my sword to her neck. "Fine. You win," she admitted angrily. I smirked and used my paralyzing powers to make her freeze.

Five minutes later, she was back in the dungeon, aggravated by how she couldn't move. During the remaining time left, I strapped her to where she was before. When she could move again, she snarled. "How about I make you a deal?" I said, not waiting for an answer. "I'll come down here a couple times a month to get you to do what we just did, as long as you cooperate?"

"Ok," she said. And I took her at her word for it. My mother is many things, but she is no liar.

"Now, I believe we had a deal?"

"I was hoping you forgot about that," she murmured. I raised an eye brow. "The man goes by many names. But before I tell you...I have to ask. When you are feeling different emotions, are you hardly able to stay on your feet?" My eyes widen. I have been having trouble with that lately; I thought I was just imagining things. But I nodded. She smirked. "What about hearing things from long distances?" My eyes widen.

"Why can't you just tell me?!"

"His name is Clark Kent. Or Superman. Or Kal-El. Whatever you want to call him. I've heard he has two kids now. And a wife, I'm kind of jealous and I don't usually admit these types of things."