16. Future Money

Shane is staring his account. Today he has earned few hundred yuans from stock trading.

Well, he lost some money too when some stocks collapsed yesterday.

Toda and him have arrived at the old man's house. They enter the living room and a servant serves them tea.

The old man looks less gloomy today.

Shane looks around. This house is too old and needs a lot of repairs.

The problem to their plan is this house. It's located at the center of the park. This house has to go. In order for their plan to run smoothly.

Toda looks shocked when he sees the old man. He is Chad's childhood friend. Of course he knows Chad's grandpa very well.

The old man winks at him so Toda closes his mouth shut.

The old weasel is planning something. It's impossible for a rich man like him unable to pay land tax.

Shane explains his idea to the old man.

"I think it's better to change this place into a mall. Let the company handle the land tax for you."

The old man looks depressed. He doesn't want this park gone.

Shane adds, "The mall has a new concept: Outdoors. There would be a huge park where people could eat while enjoying sceneries."

The old man begins to look more cheerful. He still feels a bit doubtful.

He asks, "What about the tenants?"

Toda explains, "We will make small buildings in the park to accomodate restaurants and food stalls. Guests could choose to eat indoors or outdoors area."

"Will it be profitable? You loose a lot of ground for park. What if it's raining or wintertime? There won't br any visitor... "

The old man sounds worried.

Toda looks at Shane. It was his idea to keep the park intact.

Shane explains, "We shall make underground amusement park and other stores for tenants. They could sell clothes. Movie theater and etc."

He shows the blueprint he made yesterday. He adds few basketball courts and skateboard park to attract youngsters.

A large playground for toddlers. Of course all of the courts won't be free. The tickets will be cheap and affordable.

Numerous food stalls and family diners would be scattered around them.

There would be tunnels linking the restaurants above ground. During rainy day or winter time, visitors could walk in them to avoid bad weather.

He adds, "The lake would be frozen in wintertime. We could make the whole lake into ice skating ring. Paintball ground and etc..."

Shane shows some photos of large aquariums in his phone.

He explains, "My friend, Toda and I disagree about these aquariums. He said they aren't really needed. I think our mall concept should be different from others."

"Aquariums sound expensive. Don't you think?" asks the old man.

Shane says, "It is optional, Sir. We won't do it if you disagree."

Chad's grandpa rubs his chin.

He asks, "Why aquariums?"

"To give more tranquality feelings in the tunnels. To make it less gloomy."

Toda asks, "What if there is an earthquake? The whole tunnel would be flooded..."

"Silly. Not a huge aquarium like in sea world. That would cost too much. Just big aquariums. Three of them should be enough."