Chapter 9

Terrence met us at the door when Evy, Jonathan, Rick and Daniels drove up.

"Where is Henderson?" I asked.

Rick gave me a look.

"Oh," I mouthed. "Imhotep got him too." I whispered to Ardeth who ushered us inside.

"Mr. Bay," Evy asked Terrence. "Where is the stone with Hamunaptra carvings at?"

"On the second floor follow me." He led us up the grand staircase.

Ardeth shadowed my every move, his nerves reacting off of mine. Evy and the others followed behind.

"So if the black book can bring people back to life which I only believed as myth," Evy was explaining her theory.

"Well believe it sister," Rick mocked. "That's what brought our friend to life."

"Then maybe the gold book," Evy continued.

"Could kill him." Rick finished.

"Exactly," Evy looked confident. "We just need to find where the gold book is hidden."

We reached the top where we heard mumbled chanting 'Imhotep.' I looked out the window down to Cairo where a mob was headed our way.

"At last but not least my favorite plague," Jonathan said. "Boils and sores."

"I prefer the black plague." I mumbled.

"They have become his slaves." Ardeth said as he grasped my hand. "So it has begun the beginning of the end."

"Not yet it hasn't." I growled. "Come on."

Evy, Terrence and I began to translate the large black slab of hieroglyphics.

"According to this the gold book is buried at the base of Anubis," Evy said.

"That's where we found the black book." Daniels confirmed.

"Exactly they mixed up the books where they were buried." I said reading more.

"So if the black book is at the base of Anubis then the gold must be..." Evy mumbled off.

The museum doors burst open to the mob. Jonathan started bouncing. "Hurry up Evy."

"Patience is a virtue." She sang.

I was out of my section of text and I rose to my feet. Rick turned to us. "Not right now it isn't."

"I think I will start the car." Jonathan ran out the back.

"I've got it!" Evy shouted. "The golden book is buried at Hamunaptra inside the statue of Horus! Take that, Bembridge scholars!"

"I know where he is," I grabbed Evy. "Come on."

We slipped out the back as Jonathan met us with the car. Everyone got in and Ardeth set me in his lap.

"Imhotep!" Beni cried. "Imhotep!"

Jonathan drove away as Rick yelled back. "You're going to get yours! You hear me Beni?! You're going to get yours!"

"Oh! Like I've never heard that before!" Beni yelled in the distance.

"I will pay you to kill him." Rick told me.

I scoffed. "Hell I'll do it for free."

We weaved our way through the city until Jonathan slammed on the breaks. In front of us was a mob of Imhotep's slaves. Rick stepped on the gas launching us forward into the crowd. At first people got run over, but then they clung to the car. We fought them off but more kept coming.