chapter 1: the beginning

Y/n

I was at home alone while my parents were out doing work, but im worried. Enforcers are all over the undercity right now and idk why I think it has something to do with that explosion on topside though. My parents were always good to me they are good people well I mean yea they steal and fight and even kill sometimes but thats how it is down here and they are as good as you can get down in the undercity.

I hear the front door open and I see my parents they come and rushing over all panicked. "Y/n were going to have to go away for a bit. Ok" my mother said while grabbing some clothes and other things and started packing them in a bag "is this because all of the enforcers mom?" "Yes sweety but its ok me and your dad will never leave you or let something bad happened to you ok? Alway remember that we love you" my eyes start to slightly swell up with tears and I nod my head "I love you guys too" my dad and mom were affectionate twords me yea but it still made me tear up seeing them like this, all worried for me and stuff. I helped them finish packing some things and we went out the house and attempted to leave this place until the craziness cooled down a bit.

"HEY!!" we all turned around and there were three enforcers standing behind us and my dad quickly shuffled me behind him and gave the bag to my mother "is there a problem here?" My father asked them they all chuckled then one of them spoke "yes we do have a problem. Your all the same down here always a problem with you guys from the undercity." He said nearly yelling cuz the distance but they started coming a bit closer my mother kinda came forward a bit "look we don't want any trouble were just passing by trying to get home" she lied, like I said they do like sometimes but for our safety shes trying to protect us. They looked behind my dad and finally seen me then loaded their weapons and laughed "Well what do we have here?" The guy in front of the other two said as the two laughed "I know what you guys are trying to do. You guys think you can just grab your kid, pack some things and leave. Well I dont think so I'm sure you had something to do with the explosion on topside." They were falsely accusing us and it was for no good reason, fathers eyes widend as they pointed their guns at us and started walking closer and he picked me up from behind him and both him and my mother started to run while carrying me I was scared and wasn't sure what was going to happen I was always told how bad enforcers were and to never ever trust them no matter what so I was scared and started to cry softly. My father saw and started to try and comfort me "hey hey its ok y/n its ok no need to worry me and your mother are here and we will protect you ok" he smiled at me as we turned a corner trying to get away from the enforcers who are running after us but we came to a stop two enforcers behind us and the other now infront "alright thats enough running stop right there or else!" Yelled one of the men there "were justing trying to go home" my father said using that same lie not letting me go but instead hugging me tighter. Then a gunshot was heard like an echo ringing all around us, then silence as my father fell down with me still in his arms. He was shot in the chest just right next to me obviously aiming at me though I cried as soon as I heard it and I seen him on the ground my mother started to cry as the enforcers stood there and watched this all play out with a disturbing smile.

My father looked at me and my mother both on out knees crying he whispered slightly "its ok y/n please don't cry i know I promised to always be here but im sorry please take care of your mother she needs you I love you, both of you I love you so very much good b-" was all he said before he died and i cried harder my mother took one last look at him before she got up sneakaly picking up a rock and chucked it at the enforcer in front of us. She grapped the bag and my hand as we ran. we ran again this time me on my feet, I was only 12 still so young so why would something like this happen "oh shit! After them you idiots!" Yelled one of the now 2 enforcers and they trailed right behind us we went into a dark ally way losing them as they ran past us my mother out of breath still crying as well was me she opened her arms and I crawled over to her as she quietly hummed a song and we both cried in each other's arms