chapter 9: a break

Y/n pov

Now that im officially working for silco he will let me stay here so I can cross looking for a place to stay of the list of things I have to do. Working is pretty exhausting though, I havent gotten a lot of sleep the past couple days, silco has a lot of people he wants dead. Jinx seems kinda worried too always trying to have me quit or take a break or at least a 5 minute nap once in a while I dont know what her problem is.

I think all this as im walking back from another job silco put me on. I can finally just go back and see jinx again actually thinking of jinx we haven't had a lot of time to really just hang out recently we should make some plans soon. I go in and jinx is no where to be found. "Jinx?" I walk to the sink and clean the blood off my face. "Jinx are you here?"

Jinx pov

Im hiding from y/n to suprise her since she got home from a long day at work. Im pretty good at being stealthy. I see y/n go over to a pile of some clothes on the floor. "I guess if jinx isn't here I'll just change into some pajamas" I start to turn completely red y/n is changing right in front of me. I panic and quickly cover my eyes but since I got caught off guard and up so high I ended up falling down right next to y/n. "Ah! Jinx what are you doing!??!" I open my eyes to see where I fell and it right beside y/n and she is only wearing a long shirt that just barely covers the top of her thighs. "Ah sorry I was trying to scare you but it went really wrong and then-i-you changed and i-fell and and im sorry sorry so so sorry!" Im sitting on the floor embarrassed from everything that just happened trying to explain what just happened and that I wasn't trying to watch her change but then I here her laugh.

Y/n pov

I am so confused on what just happened jinx just fell from the sky and started blabbering about something and I wasnt fully dressed and jinx was all red I couldn't help but just laugh at the situation "hehe hahaha! Jinx its ok dummy your so funny ya know that" I give a warm smile twords her to be friendly but secretly deep down I know I want to be something more than just friends. I know we only met a bit ago but I've always been so alone and with her I dont feel like that she makes me feel seen and special, no one has ever made me feel like that before

I realize im just staring at her smiling and all of a sudden jinxs laugh snaps me out of it "hahaha
I guess that was pretty funny! What are you looking at weirdo?" Jinx says playing around her laugh is so pretty and contagious "um thanks y/n" "what? Did I say that out loud?!" "Um yea? Are you ok?" "Uh yea just preachy"

Jinx pov

I know im blushing a lot first I almost seen y/n fully change then she started at me smiling and now that weird compliment im down bad already. She doesn't like you and she never will your crazy thats why your sister left you. No shut up thats not true. it is no one can love you y/n is probably scared of you and if she stays here you'll hurt her like you do with everyone else. No I won't listen to y- I snap out of my thoughts when I hear a thud I look over and y/n has collapsed on the floor.

I run up to her please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok. I go over to her I lift her head on my lap. "Y/n!? Are you ok what happened?!!!?" I start to panic she opens her eyes but she dosnt look good her eyes can barley stay open she is exhausted from all the work and the little sleep "im sorry jinx im fine I just need to see if silco needs me to do anything to keep me busy and awake"

Thats what's wrong. Sinco. He is overworking her way too much more than anyone else I know why and I won't let him get away with this. "Here y/n let me help you up. And you are not going back to work ok lay down right here on the couch I'll be right back" "ok I'll lay down for 5 minutes of it'll make you less worried about me but then I have to get back to work silco says and I quote 'you will be greatly punished if you don't show up to get your next task done on time' so I dont want to keep him waiting" I look over to her and cover her up with the blanket "just 5 minutes I promise" I start to walk away and before I even leave the room I hear her snoring she is so sleep deprived she fell asleep instantly.

I go down the hall into silcos office. "Thats why we need to- jinx what did I say about barging into my office when im discussing business!" I pull my gun out and point it at who he's taking to "out. Now" they quickly get up go out the door and close it behind them. "Jinx! What are you doing?" I swiftly turn my head and look him dead in the eyes "what are you doing?!" I've never been this angry at silco like thi before and I see he is surprised too. "Why are you overworking y/n more than any other worker out here. I heard your plan about getting rid of her or using her till she quits and runs away from me and how its a win win for you." Silco dosnt look impressed with what im saying yet still a bit surprised I know his plan probably not super surprising though since I always tend to easdrop on his plans. "I told you not to listen on that discussion my employees work is none of your concern jinx speaking of her where is she at she was supposed to be here already" im getting madder and madder after ever word that comes out his mouth. "No slico I brought you y/n your best assassin by a long shot so you have to listen to some of my demands y/n is getting a break starting now you find someone else to do your work and also pay her shes been working for weeks and hasn't gotten a paycheck" silco looks dumbfounded in his chair looking at me from across the desk. "I play here with a place to stay isn't that enough? And fine jinx as long as you get out of my office and let me work the rest of the day in peace she can have a break" "yea and it'll be for as long as I say or I will find somewhere else for her to stay we don't need your help so actually pay her something starting now"

I turn around and walk out of his office furious still. I try to calm down as I go back to the room. Y/n I still sleeping, good. I can take a nap too while I wait for her to sleep she needs some. I gently pick her up then lay down and place her on top of my chest to continue sleeping I just don't want to sleep alone. I softly kiss her head and talk to her even if I know she can't here me "I know your different and I know you won't leave or abandon me like everyone else does."

Authors note: dose anyone actually read these idk and ig I'll never know but I hope your all doing well sorry for the long wait life's been really crazy recently but dont worry im alive thanks for all the love and support I live reading all of the comments people leave and I try my best to respond to all of them sorry if I havent responded to urs but also please remember to drink water eat some food and take your meds if you have some get some rest down stay up reading fanfic no matter how good the story is see yall next chapter and please tell me what you think should happen in the comments cuz ive been up all night writing this - :)