chapter 2: this hell hole

Y/n

Its been a couple days that I've been here now and it's not the perfect paradise I or my parents hoped for but its hell. "Kid come down and make us food then start on cleaning the place by that time we'll have some visitors over for yea again." "Yes ma'ma" "hurry get to it" I started to prepare the tea and snacks for later as well as their food then started on the cleaning just as told or else I'll get beat again everyime im goo slow or not good enough or slopy or do something wrong or speak without being spoken to or anything I'll get slapped and whipped and hit with the man's cane he walks with or so many other types of punishments they have here, its so tiring and painful. I sweep and mop and dust and wipe everything down and wash the dishes and the laundry and I get the mail and every other chore in the house just as I finally finished and set the table for them the guest arrive and I see catlyin again. Shes so nice to me "hello again" "hey cait" "let's go outside again" "um I dont know they might get mad again" "who your parents?" "Their not my parents" "what?"

Catilyn pov:
What does she mean their not her parents "what?" "Um nevermind that let's just go outside" she said walking out the door and I noticed hed face and there were all these brusies and on her arm too I wonder what happened. I follow her outside and we sit on this bench "hey what happened to you? Are you ok?" I ask worried of course I dont know what happend and I dont know her too well but im still worried "uh yea im fine i just fell down thats all" I could tell she's lying i mean I want to be an enforcer and be like some sort of detective when I'm older and to catch criminals you have to know if their lying to I could tell she was but I didn't want to press any further "oh ok then"

Y/n

I couldn't tell her my situation because she might think less of me and for me to tell her im from the undercity I'll get beat again so I cant I just can't shes been the only nice one to me and I want to keep it that way I dont know maybe we can even become friends. I hear a bell ringing and I know that their calling me "i have to be right back" I sprint to the door and then speed walk to where the sound was coming from "yes sir?" I ask they all start to laugh the man and woman and the neighbors catilyns parents too im confused and I just stand there not knowing what to say or whats want going on so I clear my throat. "Oh that is a mighty good servant you got there you two say where can we get one" says caits mom "no im just kidding but how did u make that legal" "well their from the undercity nobody cares about them and they dont have rights up here she should have stayed down there if they didn't want this" they all laugh again "hm what are you doing why are you still standing here? GO! SCRAM!!" "Yes sorry sir" I walk away from the scene back to Catilyn but she was watching from the corner the entire time and I get embarrassed and scared of whats about to happen. I walk past her like nothing happend back to where we were outside and she follows "y/n what was that about?!?" "Dont call me that you'll get me in trouble" "then tell me what they were talking about in there" "no cait just forgot about it ok" "please I won't care just tell me.....please" "fine you wanna know. My parents were murdered and told me to find a better life in piltover I came up here and got bought and am now serving these rich people to try and 'live a better life' but somehow its worse" "...." she dosnt say anything maybe she does think less of me now "look see just forget i-" the next thing i know I feel her hug me all I feel are her arms around me "I'm so sorry y/n I wish I'd know sooner and I wish there was something I could do" it was at that moment I knew there was nothing that could be done I'll be in this situation forever with no chance of going free. After that she stops hugging me and we just talk but its like I feel better for telling her but still worried "so how was it like growing up in the undercity? If u don't mind me asking" "huh?" I was snapped out of my thoughts "oh uh no its fine um ig it was ok a lot better than here up until a couple weeks ago" "oh what happened?" "Well ever since that explosion on topside there's been a bunch of enforcers going down there and just killing us for no reason they always do I've never trusted them they killed my parents and im sure everyone else at this point"

Caitlyns pov

Wow i feel so bad for her and it sounds like she really hates enforcers I cant tell her I want to be one when im older thats just gonna have to stay with me then "oh wow im really sorry y/n I wish I could do something to help your situation" "yea I know but its ok i will manage i mean im from the undercity after all" "come on Catilyn were leaving now" "um ok coming mom.Ok y/n well I guess I'll see you later huh" "yea ok then see ya cait" I smiled and waved as we left and y/n went back inside I really hope she's going to be ok though