Chapter 31: It's Just A Coincidence

I coughed and sat up from my bed. I need water. 

I tried standing up but my body felt sore. Why do I feel sore? I went ahead to my refrigerator to drink something cold. 

What happened last night? All I remember is I suddenly passed out while I was about to open the door. 

How did I get to my bed? I looked around to check if something went missing. Nothing. 

Did someone enter my condo? My eyes widened when I saw a blanket lying on my couch. Did someone sleep here? 

I tried to remember things, but I really can't. I massaged my nape. God, this is exhausting.

"What are you doing?" A guy asked behind me. I turned around and saw Eunwoo carrying two coffees. 

I widened my eyes at him. "What are YOU doing? Why are you here at my condo?"

He smiled. "I even slept here." 

I crossed my arms. "Huh? What?" 

He placed the two coffees on the table and squinted his eyes at me. "Do you feel better now?" 

"Ummm....yeah, I guess. What happened last night?"

He sat down and raised his eyebrows at me. "You passed out."

"Huh?" I tried to recall again the events of last night, but I really can't remember. "Why would I pass out? I didn't drink anything."

He crossed his arms. "That's something I do want to know. I was about to bring you to the hospital, but I checked your arms and you're still breathing. So, I honestly thought you were just sleeping on the floor." He took a sip of his coffee. "But, come to think of it now, that's unlikely."

He stood up and walked towards me. "So, Jisoo, what happened last night? What triggered it?" 

I bit my lip. "Triggered?" 

He sighed and took my arm. He gently pushed me to sit on the couch with him. "You always pass out every time you're stressed with everything in your life. The last time that I saw you pass out was when you found out your uncle died during your thesis final defense. Then, at the time, you and Lisa were not on good terms." 

Yeah, I remember that. 

He stared at me. "That's why I want to know....what's bothering you?" 

I looked down at my hands. Everything. Everything is bothering me, Eunwoo.

"May I have my coffee, please?" I smiled at him.

He smirked. "Of course, m'lady." He stood up and gave me my coffee.