Chapter Eighteen

Me and Aaron spent two and a half hours unlocking his phone, his pin was no longer my birthday. That stung a little, sure it seems petty but it showed he cared enough to tie me into him.

We read through his texts and were about to give up, but the last one wouldn't t open. Again, it was asking for a pin. I gave Aaron a confused glance and he shrugged.

"He locked those messages. Luckily, he had me remember four numbers for no specific reason" He trailed off, typing the numbers in and getting to the unlocked messages.

We read through them all, my face becoming more and more pale. He had another relationship going on, with a girl nonetheless. I knew Gielle was no good.

Aaron screenshotted the texts and sent them to me and himself. I was frozen in shock. I gave this man my trust, my dignity, my life and he goes and gives it to a bleach blonde whore. A growl ripped through my throat and Aaron patted my shoulder awkwardly.

"Maybe, you should stay here for the ni-"

"No."I barked, "I'm ending this right now."

I sped my way home, not giving a damn if the speed was illegal. My conscious was gone way before this was confirmed. I unintentionally slammed the car door shut, alarming Austin who was making dinner. He had a gut feeling that something bad was happening today.

Alan stomped into the room giving Austin the nastiest look he could muster up. Austin gulped and took a seat, prepared for the lecture he was about to get about leaving messes around the house. What he didn't realize, was that Alan knew his dirty secret.

"How long have you been seeing her?" Alan growled, startling Austin. He squirmed in his seat, obviously taken by surprise.

"I don't t know what you're talking about"

"Damn it Austin, I have goddamn pictures. Now fucking tell me how long!"Alan yelled, throwing a dish at the wall. The taller man slumped in his seat, knowing he'd been caught.

"few weeks maybe." He whispered, trying to soften the blow.

"Is this why you haven't touched me or even fucking looked at me? Because she fits your fancy better huh? I hope she was worth it."

"What's that supposed to mean? Maybe I was tired of hanging around an annoying brat. At least she was a good fuck."Austin roared, getting angry.

They threw insults back and forth, dishes hitting the wall and hearts being ripped to shreds. Austin was in the wrong, he just didn't want to admit it. He hated hurting Alan, but he couldn't tell him why Gielle had him in bed.

"Maybe I never loved you! I think it's time for you to leave."Austin said, stabbing Alan in the chest for the millionth time today.

"Wait, Aus maybe we can wor-"

"Out Alan, I have Gielle now." Austin ordered coldly, his heart was warm though from the way Alan offered to fix things even though he hadn't done anything wrong.

Alan nodded walking out the door, while Austin punched the hallway mirror out.

Why had protecting Alan been so hard?

***

Alan stumbled outside, tears blurring his vision. Little did he know, Aaron had followed him home, knowing something like this would happen. He lead Alan to his car and drove him to his place, Alan falling asleep due to exhaustion.

This didn't sound like Austin at all. He loved Alan and would do anything for him. Aaron knew something was odd about the situation, but for now, he had a messy ginger to care for.