Chapter Six

Austin POV

I limped over to the coach hissing in pain. He took one look at me and brushed me off. I rolled my eyes and limped over to the nurse who was stationed behind the bleachers.

"What's wrong honey?" Nurse Lydia said in a soft voice. I showed her my ankle and she made a 'tsk' noise.

"It looks broken, we'll have to send you over to the hospital." She sighed. I was the sixth major injury this month, it didn't make us look very good.

I was transported to the hospital and bandaged up. I was released with a prescription for the pain meds and no directions on how to get out.

Since I was in the ER, i got to pass rooms with random injuries. I began reading the names.

'J. Jomboha'

'C. Fluffykins'

'A. Ashby.' I stopped in my tracks. i peeked in the room and saw the familiar mop of ginger hair. I walked into the room and took a seat in the chair next to the bed.

His bruises were noticeable up his arm and on his porcelain face. I had done this to him, i harmed an innocent person over my own difficulties. I'm a monster.

He began to stir slightly and cracked his eyes open. He made out my figure and his eyes widened in recognition.

He began shooting back in his bed and muttering "Please no." I got up and tried to calm him but his breathing became more labored. He was hyperventilating and i didn't know how to stop it.

Doctors rushed in to calm him before things got worst but it was too late. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and i was escorted out of the room.

I was placed in the waiting room as i waited to hear any news on Alan. People walked in and out minding their own business.

Eventually, after waiting for a few hours, A doctor motioned me to speak with him.

"I'm sorry Mr. Carlile, but your friend has fallen into a coma. There's no telling how long he'll be out but its quite possible that he can hear you." Dr. Fuentes spoke. We finished our discussion and I sat with the ginger i have came to secretly like.

"Please, Please wake up." I whispered. Tears falling from my eyes.