four.

Mayu and Kyoya were hanging out at the rooftop garden with Kyoya reading a book while Mayu was busy on her phone. It was a serene mood, quiet but comfortable.

Mayu stops fiddling her phone to ask Kyoya. "Are you free after class this coming friday?"

"I am.." Kyoya replies, eyes still glued to the book. "Wanna watch me play piano?" She asks again, this time however, Kyoya glanced at her direction.

"I don't really want to brag, but I was asked by the chairman to play for the fest and I remembered, if I promised myself and my parents to only perform thrice for an audience then this is the perfect time to do it, so... I thought of gracing you the best seat of the house." Mayu says holding out a ticket and fanning herself with it. A playful smirk on her face.

Mayu hands him the ticket as he smiles at her. He just now realized that with all their months spent with each other, he never really knew too much about Mayu as she's usually the one to ask questions.

It pains him to think that he didn't try to get to know Mayu more when she did everything to understand him.

"Of course I will." Kyoya finally gave a verbal answer. Mayu smiles then stands up. "See you on friday, Kyo." Mayu says before heading to the direction of the rooftop door.

Kyoya suddenly reached for Mayu's wrist to stop her from leaving just yet. Mayu turns to him, confused. "Are you going somewhere? Why does it feel like you have to leave?" He asks.

Mayu thought for a moment before letting out a laugh, "Yes, I'm leaving the rooftop because I'm going to get us food? Kyo, is this your way of being clingy?" Mayu teases and Kyoya immediately lets go.

"No! uhhh... no... I'm not. Just go." Kyoya looked away and motioned to Mayu a go wherever you want, I don't care.

"Careful with your words Kyo, I might misunderstand it~" Mayu teases with a smirk and when Kyoya glanced at her, she threw him a wink before laughing and going through the door.

When Mayu came back with some maids who helped set tea and pastries on their bench table, they enjoyed a good picnic under the cloudy skies. Typical of them with their hang-out just like every other normal day.

Though, for Kyoya, this moment felt like something was missing...

Is it because of what Mayu wanted to say during that motorcycle ride?

In truth, he doesn't know why he stopped her from saying it. Fear, maybe? Was he afraid to entertain the thought that maybe love could still be possible for someone who will eventually leave the world?

He glances at the lady next to him who's munching on cookies before asking himself.

Do I want my life to be more miserable for stopping the things that will eventually make me happy?

Mayu finally notices the strong gaze Kyoya had on her as their eyes met. "Please don't stare at me like that... I'm melting here, you know?" Mayu says making Kyoya smile and break the eye contact.

Kyoya then closes his eyes as he rests his head on Mayu's shoulder. "Honestly, just melt already... I'm always here... I'll build you up Mayumi, always."

"Again, be clear or I'll misunde–"

"Whatever, I don't care."