seven.

At Mayu's funeral, Lia gave a flash drive and a note to Kyoya. "She worked hard for this with the thought of you. It's a message for you."

I never really thought that I'd come to the point that I'll be happy with this condition, but alas! Here I am with the best person that I loved and the one who made my heartbeats worth every single memory. I love you, Kyo!
Just know that I'll be cheering for your future and I'll be keeping an eye on you. So, if for some random reason you trip after doing something stupid, that's my intervention, a way to call you and idiot hahahaha :P

Arriving home, Kyoya immediately checked what was in the flash drive and when he did, he can't help but cry again.

There, was the recorded version of the original song she sang on her last day. A song for them. Found too were folders filled with thousands of pictures and videos they took during their weekendventures. Lastly, a video message for him.

Needles to say he was a crying mess after all of that.

"When the day comes, let's meet again with a hug and a kiss, but that's still a few years more, so until I arrive there, be well. Even when I'm breathless, I'll catch up soon, so please stay on that place and wait for a bit. I love you, Mayumi. Now, and in our second life."

Kyoya graduated and became the youngest successful doctor who even found a cure to the KOKUHAKU disease and won a nobel prize from it.

But when asked during a press conference if he himself would want to be cured, he politely declined with a warm smile. "I've already lived the best moments of my life... this is just the epilogue. Plus, I have someone patiently waiting for me at home." Is what he answers. Even when his own father begged for him to get cured, he simply won't do it. He had made up his mind and was sure of it even if he tripped twice on the way down the stage to which he just laughed it off when he remembered her note that he got before.

That night, Kyoya dreamt of Mayu where she was munching on cookies on the school rooftop and upon hearing the footsteps near her turned to smile at him and opened her arms wide.

Welcome home, Kyo!

Kyoya finally took the step and greeted her with a hug and a kiss as promised.

I'm home, Mayumi.

"KYOYA OOTORI DIED AT THE AGE OF 23, HAPPY AND SATISFIED"

end.