five.

Friday came faster than expected.

Mayu texted Kyoya that she'll be out the entire school period to practice which was then relayed to the class and teachers. Class seemed to end faster as his eagerness sends him running out the room the moment the bell rang. He was excited to see a side to Mayu that's somewhat personal.

He proceeded to the concert hall of the school and was immediately seated at the middle of the crowd. The best seat really. And to no surprise, the hall was immediately filled with other students and family members.

He scans the crowd for any familiar faces but stopped when a silver-blonde haired lady asked him for the seat number to which he politely replied.

"I'm sorry to ask all of a sudden, but are you Kyoya Ootori?" The lady asked another question as she settles down.

"Yes, I am."

"I'm Lia Morinaga, Mayu's cousin. She talks about you a lot. Nice to finally meet you." Lia offers her hand and Kyoya gently shook it greeting back. "Nice to meet you too."

"By the way, do you know?" Lia asks after the formality exchange. Kyoya was unsure what Lia was pertaining to and the latter was quick to catch on the confusion.

Lia only smiles at him before looking at the stage. "She's going to play and sing an original piece. Listen carefully." Lia states.

The concert room then dimmed as the curtains opened, the spotlight illuminated a glass grand piano on the center along with a breathtaking beautiful lady sitting in front of it.

Mayu looks at the crowd, eyes landing on Kyoya and smiling a warm genuine smile before proceeding to play.

I love her.

I love Mayu Mimori.

That's what Kyoya finally realized in that magical moment.

None of their previous adventures compared to the spectacle he's currently seeing. It was the best.

Lyrics:
If a second life that's different from now is to come to me,
Will I still be by your side?
Will you be by my side?

I imagine things like this
Even if they were words I mentioned as a joke
Will you believe me?
Even if it's a funny imagination

On a sudden day when I'm left alone
I'll take my steps towards you again
When I see my face in your two eyes
As if the world has stopped, I will hug you

❤︎ If I'm given a second life
I may live and breathe differently compared to now
Among the streets, we'll walk past each other without knowing
I hope we remember each other
Even in our next life, I'll go to you

We're already beautiful
I like it because it's us
No words are necessary
The gaze, the touch

Even if a second life that's different from now comes to me,
The one thing I can say is that I'm gonna be by your side
On a sudden day when I'm left alone
I'll take my steps towards you again
When I see my face in yours two eyes
As if the world has stopped, I will hug you

❤︎

Being forgotten is common
But why are those common occurrences are rather not easy for me?
Second life, second life
I know it can't go my way

❤︎

Kyoya's focus went from the sound of the piano to the way Mayu's hands played each note with grace to the sound of her voice and lastly to the lyrics of the song.

It was enchanting. It was as if she was calling out to someone with all her heart and all her raw emotion showing with every key she presses and every word she sang. He was under a spell and he was sure he doesn't want it broken.

There she goes, just perfect. Kyoya thought after Mayu stood up and bowed at the crowd as the sound of applause echoed the enormous hall, the huge smile on her face never leaving even after heading backstage.

Kyoya was about to leave when a voice stops him. "I think she's waiting for you backstage" Kyoya turns to Lia who sniles at him. "Care to join me, Ootori-san?" Lia invites and the said man accepts without hesitation as he follows Lia to Mayu's dressing room.

"Why did you bring hin here?" Mayu asks the moment she opened the door and sees both her cousin and Kyoya. "Hush now, dearest couz. I know you need this, I know you both need this." Lia smiles.

Mayu reached for Lia's hands and squeezes it tight. "Thank you couz. I didn't really ask you to do this, but you're right... we both need this... I needed this." Lia pats Mayu's head after the latter let go. "I know, I'm always right." Lia hugged Mayu before excusing herself to leave the two alone.

For a brief moment, when Lia excused herself, Kyoya saw a glint on her eyes. Not entirely sure what's Lia thinking about, he paid no mind to it.

Mayu invites Kyoya inside the room and the latter followed the former to the room's couch.

It was definitely the time to talk.