Chapter 22

George's POV

"Remember I love you. More than you can ever imagine."

"I know that. I love you, that will never change."

She gave me a little smile, "And I'm so sorry for this."

"You're sorry about what?" I asked.

She just pushed me away and got hit by the death curse. Her body collapsed to the ground. I broke down to my knees as I caught her lying there. Her body getting pale and cold. She still had the little smile she gave me.

"Hey! Love! Sarah! Look at me! Take my hand, we'll be fine."

She started to fade away in front of me. I tried to hold back my tears, not wanting her to be afraid. I've never been so scared in my whole life. It was like my heart had just gotten ripped out of my chest.

"This isn't the end. We had a future together... Sarah... you promised to love me for the rest of my life... Freddie! Mum! Please! Somebody do something, I can't lose her!"

Fred and Melissa run into the passage. Melissa runs to us and gets down on her knees next to Sarah's body. Fred stays at the entrance of the passage watching in shock.

"No no no, Sarah. Hey, wake up. You're fine," Melissa started moving her body, trying to stop the tears coming from their eyes, "Sarah... please..."

Fred rushed to her side hugging her tight. Fred was trying not to cry, so he could be here for Melissa and me. He slowly closed Sarah's eyes. "I'm sorry love, she's gone..."

"This can't be real. She's not gone!" Melissa started yelling while crying.

Mum came running in and made her way over to me. "Oh dear... come here."

I hug her tightly, "She's gone," I cried. I let go of mum and sat back down next to Sarah.

I kiss Sarah's forehead and start rocking her body back and forth. "I'm so sorry I didn't do more love, this is all my fault," I cried.

"This isn't your fault George," mum said.

"It is though! It was supposed to be me! She saved me!"

"You couldn't have stopped her! There was nothing you could do!"

I stare at my mum and get up, "There is now."

"George! What are you going to do!" mum called out to me.

"Don't be an idiot!" Fred added.

I start running around Hogwarts, looking for the Death Eater that killed Sarah.

After a while I finally found him, "Hey!"

The Death Eater turns around and I immediately punch him in the face, making him fall to the ground. "Hope you enjoyed whatever pathetic life you lead. Avada Kedavr-" I started speaking but he got up and hit me with the Everte Statum spell.

I quickly got up and started sending every spell I knew towards him, him blocking each one. "Come on kid, show me you're stronger than that girlfriend of yours was."

This got me furious and I punched him some more. "Crucio!" I yelled when he fell to the ground because of my punching. "That was for calling Sarah weak. This is for killing her, Avada Kedavra!"

The Death Eater became pale and faded away. I quickly run back to the passage that Sarah was in and see that Melissa had still not left her side. I go sit next to Sarah's body again and start rocking her back and forth.

"George... we have to go..." Fred said.

"I'm staying."

"George-" Melissa added.

"I said I'm staying,' I look up to them with tears in my eyes. Fred nods and takes Melissa and mum with him, leaving me and Sarah alone.

After hours of rocking Sarah's body back and forth I was forced away from her by Bill and Dad. They walked me to the Great Hall, where I saw everyone sitting down. Melissa rushed to me and hugged me. "I'm so sorry George."

I smiled weakly at her and sat down with the rest. They either didn't know what to say or just hugged me.

I get why Sirius and Remus kept her a secret now. To protect her. To protect the girl they both loved so much. I should've protected her, not the other way around.

"George... talk to us," Hermione said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I had all and then most of her, some and now none of her. Take me back to the night we met."

"And now you know there was a woman called Sarah Lupin-Black, and that she saved me. In every way a person can be saved."

"She sounds beautiful daddy," my daughter told me, holding my hand while we looked at Sarah's grave.

"She was. She was the prettiest person I've ever seen."

"Did you ever find out what she meant when she said life was like an ocean?" my son asks.

Now that I'm staring at her stone cold grave, I finally realize what she meant. "Because there's ups, and there's down. But at the end of the day it will eventually be peaceful."

THE END.