Bringing the past to the future

The Next Day

"STEVEN!" Mina yelled from upstairs "YEAH!" He replied, Mina came downstairs and handed Steven hsi phone, "It's the hospital, they wouldn't tell me anything but here" Mina explained handing Steven his phone:

Over Phone

Steven & Doctor

Steven: Hello?

Doctor: Hi, is this Steven Roberts?

Steven: Yes, this is he

Doctor: I'm so sorry, but your mother passed away last night

Steven: What?

Doctor: Your mother had a seizure last night and we couldn't save her. I'm so sorry

Steven: *Hangs up*

"Oh my god" Steven said crying "Baby? Hey, What it is? What did they say?" Mina asked "M-My mom, she-" Steven couldn't say it "She's what?" Mina asked "She's gone" Steven said breaking down "Hey, hey, shh. It's okay, hey. Steven breath" Mina comforted. Steven was in shock to a point where he was having a panic attack, "Steven, look at me" Mina said softly "Breath, count to ten" Mina instructed "I-I can't, I c-can't breath" Steven fought "Hey, In and out, breath Steven" Mina comforted. 

After a while Steven calmed down but he was in shock, he couldn't think, he couldn't eat, he couldn't sleep. He could barely talk, all he would do was stare into space. Mina let him be in the bedroom by himself but she sat outside and she could hear him breaking down but she couldn't help him. He wanted to be a,lone and to figure it out. Mina had listened to him blame himself over and over saying how he could've helped her, is he had just known about this sooner he could've helped. But Mina knew there was nothing that he could've done that the doctors didn't already try. But she couldn't listen to this anymore. She sat there for hours and listened to him and she cried hearing him say those . She had heard enough of it. "This is my fault, I could've done something. HOW WAS I SO STUPID" Steven said from inside the door "Okay, that's it" Mina said standing up "STOP!" Mina yelled opening the door "STOP BLAMING YOURSELF, STOP SHOOTING YOURSELF DOWN THIS RABBIT HOLE. There is nothing you could've done" Mina said walking over to the bed where he was sitting "You can't do this to yourself" Mina said sitting next to him "Why not, I deserve it. It's true, I could've done something" Steven said still upset "No, baby. There wasn't, you can't change anything. Baby, there is nothing, nothing you could've done okay" Mina comforted lightly"How- How did I not realize she was sick" Steven said crying "Hey, shh" Mina said hugging him tight "I- I lost my mom" Steven said "I know, baby. Shh, it's okay. She is safe okay, she's better" 

To Be Continued...