Chapter twenty;;

I sighed, rolling into Nick and burying my face in his shirt. He smelled fresh and just a bit like salt water, the black tousled strands of his hair still damp in some places. He shifted, tightening his arms around me as the first rays of light finally started to wake him.

I didn't want to wake up either.

Jericho, apparently, had other plans. Bursting into the room, he pointed at us, then looked at the door, then pointed at us, and exclaimed, " oh my god!"

Nick rolled, eyebrows pulling together under the harshness of the sun, " whoa Jerry, what?"

He pulled back slightly, and so did I, baffled by the sudden appearance of Nick's best friend. The tall boy looked both victorious and scared, like he couldn't believe his eyes. Honestly, It took me a few minutes to realize what was blowing him away. I quickly pulled away from Nick, straightening my shirt before crossing my arms. Nick, on the other hand, dragged his hands down his face as to wash away the exhaustion.

I didn't take the covers off my legs for fear of the cold air. Jericho nearly giggled, " oh my god I ship it so hard." He clapped and did a little dance.

" your either gay, on drugs, or you just woke up." I said, voice flat.

Nick answered, voice slightly coarse, " he just woke up. Give him thirty-minutes to be more Jericho and less twelve year old fangirl."

I nodded, " okay."

Jerry sighed, and shook his head, " I swear babe if you break his heart."

" you can shut up now." Nick and I said in unison.

We both went wide eyed and looked at each other, before sharing the same coy smile. The other boy just watched, looking like he might just pee himself in fear, " oh my god! It's fucking fate!"

" stop saying oh my god." I said, shooting him a nasty look.

Jericho swallowed hard, before smiling like a fool. I honestly had no idea what was going on with him. Standing, I said, " right then. I'm gonna go get some water. Arson, I'll be back to get you when I want food."

As I was walking away, I heard Jericho rush, " Nicky I can't even explain how happy this makes me."

I guessing Nick either raised a brow or smiled knowingly. Then, his friend added, " I... Wow. Alright allow my inner girl some lenience and tell me how it even happened."

" really Jer, really?" Nick replied. Obvious amusement in his voice.

I took silent steps closer, letting myself eavesdrop just for a minute. Jericho shifted, then said, " yeah, I mean come on. What about her?"

Nick sighed, " I don't know. She's.... Not like other girls."

" and?" Jericho prodded.

Suddenly, a very obvious smile was in Nick's voice and I slipped, tumbling into the room. He looked over at me and arched a brow, " she's normally pretty good at being quiet, but she's clumsy."

I narrowed my eyes and him and flipped him the bird. That earned me a good laugh from Jericho and a chuckle from Nick. The alternate boy standing, he shook out his tangled brown hair, " priceless, absolutely priceless."

" I'm hungry." I said, ignoring Jerry.

Nick stood, stretching his arms above his head to reveal a sliver of smooth skin. I kept my eyes on the side profile of his face.

After stretching, he followed me into the kitchen. Then he slipped around me, one hand briefly brushing my waist as he went. Searching through the cabinets, he found an assortment of breakfast foods and produced them to me. I picked bacon and eggs. While he cooked I made coffee and Jericho stood watching with his mouth slightly agape.