Chapter Twenty-One;;

There were times when I could lay in Nick's arms forever. He knew how to hold someone - close but not tightly. Only a few lucky times had I waken up before him, and that was one of those times.

Reaching my left hand up, I traced the soft skin of his collar bone, my fingertips falling into the indents. A soft sky escaped my lips. The blankets had been kicked to our thighs; my only source of warmth being the boy beside me. The material of his shirt had lifted from his side, revealing his hip and the very bottom of his rip cage. It wasn't right, how arresting his appearance was. If I was being honest, his personality was just as golden. I wondered if he knew that.

Snuggling closer into him, I breathed in the fresh, clean scent of his shirt. His hair smelled like tea-tree oil shampoo and was soft to the touch - feathery. The way sunlight caught his lashes and angles was capturing. He stirred slightly, face tucking itself into my wavy blond hair, arms tightening just slighting around my arms and back. Coiling in on itself, my stomach spazzed. My cheeks flushed to a pastel shade of pink and the room was to warm. Too warm. It was like I was uncomfortably comfortable.

Swallowing hard, i pulled away from Nick, slowly, and quietly worked my way out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. Tapping my index finger on my chin, I pondered over how to spend my time waiting for Nick to wake up. Seeing as he had done so much for me, it was only right I did something nice for him.

So I set to it, pulling out a small packet labeled 'chocolate-chip muffin mix', an egg, and milk. I mixed the ingredient, then put them in the microwave oven to cook. While the timer ticked away I stole a quick look at a still slumbering Nicholas. I was baffled by the way he was asleep at nearly nine am. He could use the beauty rest.

The microwave oven ringed, causing me to rush over to it and grab the hot pan. Cursing, I shook my hands violently before finding an oven mit and pulling out the muffins. My palms and fingers burned. After setting down the muffins, I turned on the faucet and ran the cool water over my heated skin. There was nothing like the relief of water on a burn.

Around that same time, I heard Nick begin to stir. I didn't have much time left. Quickly, I used a fork to pull the muffins out of the container, than set one large ugly cupcake on plate. Stowing the fork and pan in the sink, I rinsed them quickly and seperated the two dishes on the counter.

Whipping around, I gasped and placed a hand to my heart as Nick was standing in the doorway. He ran his fingers through his dark hair, blinking slowly in early morning drowsiness. I smiled, " morning."

" morning Angel. What smells good?" He asked, eyebrows pulling together in confusion.

" Well." I started, as he sat on the couch. Handing him a muffin, I continued, " You've done a lot for me, so I figured it was the least I could do... make you breakfast, that is." And just like that, I had no vocabulary.

I hopped up on the counter and started to eat my own muffin, knowing that if I tried to speak, I'd sound like a newborn. On the other hand, the muffin was alright. It was a little burnt on the outside and I hadn't mixed the chocolate chips very well.

Nick gingerly bit at it, a pleasant smile gracing his lips. It grew a little as he ate, like he couldn't contain a burst of happiness exploding inside him. He was practically beaming. After he finished, I took his plate and rinsed it off, throwing away the papers. We I turned around, Nick was quite close to be directly behind you. We both took a step back, alarmed. Then he smiled again, one corner of his mouth tilting up more than the other, " thanks Angel, that was wonderful."

I smiled back, my cheeks warming in a way I wasn't sure I liked, " Of course. now get dressed." I pointed to the bedroom.

He rolled his eyes, chuckling softly, " ready to go already?"