𝐢𝐢. a summer of suffering

CHAPTER TWO
butterfly's repose — part one
" 𝖆 𝖘𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖚𝖋𝖋𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌. "

     𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐔𝐒 𝐋𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒

     𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐔𝐒 𝐋𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒. Within his troubled life as a teenage werewolf, James, Sirius, and Peter were about the only things that made his school days worth the pain and suffering.

     Just like always, and just like it hadn't been a week or two, the three boys greeted the fourth member of their band, with beaming grins, and open arms, bellowing greetings, as Remus settled in the carriage beside Sirius.

     "Good summer?" James asked the boy, as Remus deposited his bag onto the over-head shelving.

     Remus exhaled, "Sufferable. As always." he sent a weak smile to the two boys opposite; Peter offering a sympathetic one back, and James shrugging half-heartedly.

     The absence of school during his holidays was usually what made summer so agonizing. Where there wasn't school, there wasn't the Marauders ─ a group of boys that acted as the glue that kept his distressing life intact.

     The glue that made his transformations bearable. The glue that meant midnight was now the designated time for a feast. The glue that made trouble-making, even more enjoyable, despite it meaning he was breaking every rule in the book.

     "Well, you're here now," Sirius nudged Remus' side, causing the boy to sway out of place, "so why dwell on the past?"

     There was some truth in what Sirius Black had encouraged his best friend. Remus shouldn't be kept in a gloomy midst about his past. But then again, Sirius wasn't the one that was cursed with Lycanthropy. Remus wished, and several times at that, he could forget the numerous lonely nights, with the loss of his friends by his side, during his summer off. But, like the scars across his face, the memories clouded his mind, haunting every inch of him, until the next full moon.

     On the other side of the train, Selene had established a carriage, that presented itself to suffice for the next nine long hours to Scotland, or at least until her upcoming Prefect duty could occupy her for some time.