𝐱𝐢𝐢. the biggest buffoon in school

CHAPTER TWELVE
butterfly's repose — part two
" 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖇𝖚𝖋𝖋𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖓 𝖘𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖔𝖑. "

     𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐄, as she revelled in the liberties of the Hogwarts castle and the freedoms she had so missed for the past few days

     The air was so much fresher outside of the hospital wing. The sun shone brighter, the day seemed longer. By the end of it, she wasn't even tired. Selene knew that come tomorrow, all of the little joyous things would seem much smaller, and the highs of knowing that the first full moon was done would quickly die out, but until then, she had a slight spring in her step.

     Selene spent the evening in the Ravenclaw common room, curled up in an armchair, surrounded by a tower of books, as the sun sunk into the horizon, and was replaced by a curtain of black. The moon made for the perfect reading light, the stars speckled around the dark canvas, mingling with the dim glow of the tower's lanterns. A fire crackled on the other side of the room, and although it had only been a mere few days, Selene basked in the feeling of finding peace.

     Morning arrived in a much sweeter fashion than it had when she was in the hospital wing. A cool breeze fluttered her curtains, the first day of October's air sweet and crisp. The sun was still settling in the sky when Selene readied solo for the day, the last few moments of the sunrise blessing her morning. Selene may be exaggerating the bliss because this could be the last time she feels this at ease for another few weeks, but still, she relished in the fact that not a single cloud followed her as she strolled down to breakfast.

     Perching on a practically vacant Ravenclaw table, the quiet hums of the almost empty Great Hall singing through the halls, Selene served herself some breakfast, starting her day right with some creamy avocado on toast (she always felt like the particular fruit always soothed her after a transformation).

     Soaking in the atmosphere she had missed over the last few days, and enjoying the high ceilings and open doors, Selene took her morning slow, watching as the students of Hogwarts slowly trickled into the Great Hall for breakfast, as the morning matured and the day began.