𝐯. the dungbomb

CHAPTER FIVE
butterfly's repose — part one
" 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖚𝖓𝖌𝖇𝖔𝖒𝖇. "

     𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐘

     𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐘. The evening had arrived, and it was clear that Peter Pettigrew's idea to get a headstart with studying for their important year ahead was a popular one, amongst the school.

     The six of them followed a skipping Sirius — Selene was unbeknown to why there was such a spring in his step; she loved studying, but even Selene let her feet scuff underneath her as they approached a small nook at the back.

     "What would you like to start with?" Selene asked Peter, as he took a seat beside her, the six of them now completely hogging an entire row.

     The boy shrugged, letting his bag fall off of his shoulder, thumping to the floor, "I suck at Potions." he said matter-of-factly. "And Transfiguration," Peter added, with a quick finger in her direction, "but I'll just use Remus' notes when I need to."

     Selene turned to Remus, "I didn't know you had a knack for Transfiguration, Remus?" she smiled. Remus' once neutral expression, became progressively more satisfied, as he beamed with pride as if he suddenly became an illustrious professor with one mention. He could only shrug, his shoulders lifting to his ears very slowly. They didn't stop until she spoke again.

     "Although it does explain why McGonagall likes you so much," Selene said, pulling her chair so it sat closer to the table.

     Peter laughed, "Yeah, he's great. It's kind of his 'thing'." he joked, shuffling his seat so he sat closer to the girl, making little bunnies with his fingers.

     Remus' face went white. His smile dissolved, and his pride evaporated. "Peter . . ." he mumbled, staring into the back of the boy's head.

     Remus told himself that his curse of transforming into a werewolf at every full moon had nothing to do with the fact he enjoyed excelling in Transfiguration so much. James and Sirius had never connected the dots or thought of it that way, so Remus tried to ignore any correlation.