𝐱𝐢𝐯. help at the hospital wing

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
butterfly's repose — part two
" 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖕 𝖆𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖆𝖑 𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖌. "

     𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐄'𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐆𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇. And yet, as the muscles in her wrist and hand strained, the ink remained perfectly neat and the words perfectly readable.

The dungeons were cold this time of year. The breeze was getting chillier as October progressed and no heat made it this far down the castle. It's what made potions lessons the worst of all. In a different environment, she might just be a bit more enthusiastic.

She was so engrossed in distracting herself with rapid note-taking, determined to get it all done to leave her evening free for studying, that she didn't even notice Professor Slughorn slip away to the entrance of the room when a knock sounded throughout the class, the door now wedged open slightly in its frame.

She didn't notice until Slughorn came right up to her desk and spoke quietly to her, "Madam Pomfrey is here to see you, Selene."

She craned her neck to look up at him, the quill still poised ready in her hand.

Before she could react, Slughorn spoke again, "It's probably best if you take your things with you."

Selene suddenly felt nervous. And not because she was missing lesson time and would now indeed have to finish these notes later ─ that did panic her a little, however, she will admit ─ but no, it was because it was Madam Pomfrey, whom she saw enough as it was anyway. What did the nurse want with a sick girl that had a resident bed in the hospital wing anyway?

Croaking out a quick "okay" and a nod of her head, Selene packed up her things and was met with a smiley Madam Pomfrey outside the classroom door.

"Hello, Selene," the head nurse said softly. She was definitely the right woman for this job ─ she was extra sweet with her patients (or, at least, that was Selene's experience). "Sorry to have to take you out of your lesson and, please be aware, this is nothing concerning your health, so don't you worry."