Chapter 21

As soon as Kate parked the car, Alice quickly went out and walked towards her front door, she took the keys out from her purse to unlock the door and she quickly went up to her room. Kate then first went to the kitchen to get a glass of water for Alice before going to her room.

As Kate went up to Alice’s room, she saw that the door was half open and the lights were off. When she entered the room Kate saw Alice sitting down on her bed, wiping away her tears as they continue to fall down. Kate did not say a word; she set down the glass on Alice’s night table and sat down beside her.

Kate first placed one hand on Alice’s shoulder and Alice turned to face her. Kate felt a small stab of pain in her heart again when she saw Alice’s tears, she then slowly wrapped her arms around Alice to pull her into a hug that made Alice cry more.

As the tears continue to roll down her face, Alice leaned her forehead against Kate’s chest as she clung on Kate’s dress. Alice’s sobs get a lot louder and Kate caressed the back of her head with her hand. “I wish I could take away your pain.” Kate said to herself as she hugged Alice.

After a few more minutes, Alice’s sobs starts to grow faint and her tears starts to stop. Alice then slowly pulled away from Kate’s arms as she wipes away her tears.

“I’m sorry Kate.” Alice said as she wipes her tears.

“Shhh..” Kate said as she wipes Alice’s tears with her own fingers “You didn’t do anything wrong, you don’t have to say sorry.” Alice then nodded after Kate spoke.

As Alice starts to finally calm down, Kate handed her the glass of water, after drinking Alice handed the glass back to Kate to put back down on the night table.

“You’ve had a long night, you should rest now.” Kate said as she brushes Alice’s hair to the back of her ear. Alice then looked down and gripped the sheets on her sides, she’s scared of being left alone for the night, she needs someone near her, she needs Kate, the only person who is able to help her up to her feet whenever she falls down.

“Please don’t leave?” Alice said as she looked at Kate’s eyes with a frown. Kate then smiled upon Alice’s request

“Don’t worry I won’t leave you.” Alice then smiled slightly and they both lay down on Alice’s bed. Kate had her arms wrapped around Alice as she holds her close while Alice’s face rested on Kate’s chest.

As Alice closed her eyes, she felt comfort rush into her as she breathes in Kate’s scent, but the feeling of comfort was quickly cut down as she knew that Kate can’t stay with her forever, she knew she can’t continue relying on Kate forever because Kate has her own family. “Why didn’t I choose you before?” she thought to herself as she looks back to their past. Alice then remembered why she didn’t pursue Kate before 

“Kate doesn’t need someone like me, she needs a man.” As her own words reappear in her head Alice clung tightly on Kate’s dress as she tries to suppress the tears that were about to come out again. As soon as Kate felt Alice’s tension, she tightened her arms around her and she caressed her hair to reassure her.

Alice then slowly let go of Kate’s dress and leaned her body into Kate. “Things won’t stay the same forever; I need to go somewhere far and start again.” Alice thought to herself. She knew nothing will last, as soon as she comes into terms with that thought, Alice chose to savor the moment with Kate wrapping her arms around her.

“This will be the last time you’ll get hurt.” Kate thought to herself as she kisses the top of Alice’s head. As Alice felt Kate’s lips on her head she quickly bit her lip as her heart beat raises a little. “This will be the last.” Alice thought to herself, as she decides that it will be the last time she’ll rely on Kate.