Chapter 10

It was finally the night that Stella is about to go home from her business trip and Alice managed to also get Sarah’s help to ask the owner of the restaurant to borrow it for just one night. Alice was indeed very excited and at the same time anxious, she was finally going to ask Stella to be with her for the rest of their lives.

When the last costumer finally left, Alice with the help of her best friend, Sarah and Harvey,  decorated the whole restaurant and prepared before Stella arrives.

“Well someone seems to be happy.” Sarah said as she approaches Alice.

“Well of course I’m finally going to propose to her.” Alice said with a smile on her face.

“Well I’m happy for you; just make sure that you’re sure of what you are going to do.” Sarah said as she left Alice to help Kate and Harvey. Alice was then left to wonder what was up with Kate and Sarah, they were both opposed to what she wants to do, opposed to what will make her happy.

Hours have passed, and the clock finally hit twelve midnight. Sarah was in her office while Kate and Harvey was talking at a table near the stage while Alice was sitting on a table near the front door while fiddling with the ring that she bought.

After a few minutes, Alice’s cell phone rang and she quickly picked it up and she heard Stella’s voice in the other line.

“Hi baby, how are you? I’m so sorry I’m not going to be able to go back; they need some extra people here at the office. I’m so sorry that I wasn’t able to tell you earlier, I was just so busy.”

“I see, then ummm just tell me when you’re going to get back.” Alice said as she tries to keep her voice normal and while talking to Stella over the phone, Kate and Harvey already have their gazes directed at Alice and they were both silent.

“I still don’t know, but I’ll tell you right away when I get the exact date.”

“I see.”

“You’re not mad?”

“No, I’m not, why would I be?”

“I’m really sorry; I’ll make it up to you next time I promise.”

“It’s okay. I gotta go now, Sarah is calling me.”

“Okay, I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Alice then sighed as she hung up. Sadness and disappointment was slowly forming in her eyes and all of her joy suddenly dried out. Kate then placed her hand on Alice’s shoulder and hugged her.

“Don’t be sad anymore, let’s just drink and somehow enjoy this night. We’re still here so don’t frown anymore, okay?” Kate said and Alice just nodded as she let Kate guide her through the tables.