End

No one POV

Y/n sits on the hospital bed stirring incoherently on his breakfast porridge brought by the nurse a few minutes earlier. His appetite has never been this low, it all started ever since he woke up from the coma. He would often reject foods given by the hospital in his first days of waking up. The only thing making him swallow those nasty foods is his weak stomach.

He looks to the corner of the room where he spots Jay comfortably sleeping on the sofa. Y/n sighs.

"Jay."

Y/n calls him but no response.

"Jay!"

He still won't wake up and starts to snore. Y/n rolls his eyes and takes the spoon out of the bowl. He lines the spoon up, closing his left eye as if he's aiming to hit a target with a bow. Y/n then pulls his arm back and throws the spoon. It spins through the air and successfully hit Jay in the forehead. A bullseye.

Jay quickly wakes up from the impact, rubbing the part where the spoon hits.

"Ow! What was that for??"

"Wake up you muppet."

"What do you want?"

Jay comes near the bed and pulls out a chair to sit on.

"I've been here for one and a half month now, how much longer do I have to stay?"

"Until you recover."

"How many times do I have to tell you, I'm fine!"

Jay's face shows displeasure from the topic Y/n just brought up. He always asks the same question and the answer to it is always the same. 

"No, you are not. The fact that you can't remember her, means you're not fully recovered. Plus, you still whine when your chest hurts."

Y/n had thoracic surgery performed on him. The bullet shot at him from point-blank range hits through one of his ribs and landed deep inside his chest. The surgery was very risky as the piece of the ribs pierced his lung. This made the doctors performed different surgery at once.

The memory loss itself was caused by the trauma, anxiety, and depression he endured these past years. The doctor said he would experience a short-term memory loss once he wakes up, but because Y/n had medical records of mental health, the brain erases memories that were causing the trauma to prevent the body from collapsing.

And because of this, Y/n's brain forgets everything about him ever knowing Chaeyoung and TWICE in general, and filling those empty spaces with false memories.

"I remember her."

Y/n's sudden confession made Jay jumped from his seat, knocking down the chair behind him, his hands grab the side of the bed.

"Really??"

"Yeah, TWICE's Chaeyoung, I saw her on an article, they're preparing for a comeback."

Jay's face fades away and he looks down, standing up straight and picking the chair back up. The hopes for his friend to get back his memories once again left in rubble.

"Nevermind."

"What do you want me to say?"

Jay walks to the window ignoring Y/n's question. What was he really thinking? Memories don't just come right away. He is so desperate on telling Y/n who they are and the relationship between him, especially Chaeyoung. But it was the doctor's suggestion not to force Y/n to remember. Heck, if it weren't for his health, Jay could've chopped Y/n's head for being a dick to her.