Prologue

Cor let out a sigh as he walked through the corridor. The prince and his friends close behind him.

"So why are we here, exactly?" Prince Noctis asked with a frown.

"Your father asked me to take you here before he passed away." Cor explained.

"And where exactly is here?"

"Twenty six years ago we learned of the prophecy of the King of Light." Cor said calmly.

"And, still doesn't answer my question. Where are we?"

"We are at the tomb of the lost princess." Cor said as he stopped at a door.

The door was made out of marble and a light cream color. Above the door was the words 'Seer of Hope'.

"Seer of Hope?" Ignis asked calmly.

"She was the one who saw the prophecy." Cor explained.

"I thought it was the Oracle who-"

"The Oracle told us who the king would be... but she told us of what was to come." Cor said as he opened the door.

Inside was a tombstone with words carved gracefully on it. Beside the tombstone was a statue of a beautiful woman with a staff and a long dress.

"I... feel like I've been here before." Noctis said as he walked up to the stone.

He saw a picture frame and picked it up.

"That's... that's my father. Whose the woman beside him?" Noctis asked with a frown.

"Her name was Rogue, she was a Seer and your aunt." Cor said softly.

"My aunt? My father said he was an only child." Noctis said as he looked over at Cor.

"He wasn't... Rogue was.. his best friend and Shield before Clarus took up her mantle."

"I thought my father was always King Regis' shield." Gladio said with a frown.

"Not at first.... Rogue named him Shield." Cor said with a frown.

"Why did he lie?" Noctis asked angrily.

"Because it hurts him to much to talk about her... matter of fact he swore us all to secrecy... he didn't want to remember what happened." Cor said sadly.

"What happen?" Noctis asked as he turned to look at Cor.

"She broke her vow. You see, Seers aren't suppose to tell people how they die... it's a big rule. But Rogue wouldn't let the people she loved die... and so she told us of what she saw, without telling us of the punishment she would come to face." Cor said as he traced the statue.

"And it killed her." Prompto said sadly.

"No... I only wish it had killed her." Cor said as he moved his hand away from the stone.

"You were close?" Gladio asked softly.

"She was... very important to all of us." Cor said as he took the picture from Noctis' hands.

He looked it over and let out a sigh.

"What was she like?" Prompto asked softly.

"She was stubborn... from the first moment we met she wouldn't do a thing I said. It was worse with Clarus, mostly because she saw him as a brother... you know she's the reason you were even born." Cor said as he looked of at Gladio.

"Me?"

"Yea, she hooked your parents up. Your mother was her best friend. Your mother was her sidekick and partner in crime. Where every those two went trouble wasn't far behind." Cor said with a laugh.

"How did she die?" Noctis asked with a frown.

"Regis killed her." Cor said as he turned to look at Noctis.

"My father wouldn't of killed his sister."

"I wish that was true." Cor said as he handed Noctis a book.

"Why are you giving me this?"

"So she can tell you her story." Cor said softly.

Noctis looked the book over and opened it to the first page.

Hello Noctis

"It has my name in it?"

"Your aunt wrote all of this down before her death.... she didn't explain to me why she had asked for a book.... only told me to give it to the King of Light." He said softly.