Chapter 4

Clarus sent me a look and pulled out a napkin.

"Here. Seems you got something in your eye." He said softly.

"Thank you." I said as I whipped my eye.

"Did you have another vision?" Jade asked softly.

"Seems the closer I get to nineteen, the more visions I have." I said softly.

"So who was it this time? I know you've done seen your father, and me... though you would never tell me." She said softly.

I let out a sigh and she sent me a reassuring smile.

"It was Clarus."

"Oh do tell me I die first." Jade said calmly.

"Jade, you know I can't-"

"Tell us anything. I know, just nod your head yes or no. I die first right?" She asked with a smile.

"Probably from something stupid." Cid said with a laugh.

I shook my head and Jade let out a gasp.

"No I can't die after him! I have to die before... got to leave that bastard mourning me." She said softly.

"Bastard?" Clarus asked with a frown.

"Yea, bastard... wait so I live longer than Cor?" She asked calmly.

"I... actually don't know that answer." I said calmly.

"You don't... know?"

"I haven't seen Cor's death." I said with a sigh.

"Ah have you seen mine?" Cid asked playfully.

"Yea it lives on repeat in my head." I said with a laugh.

"What are you doing here?" Cor asked angrily.

"Trying to surprise my brother. What about you, piece of shit." I said calmly.

"Trying to keep your brother and you alive. You should be in the palace not here! Why don't you have any guards!" He snapped.

"Why do you have a tracker on me?"

"Cause I worry! I mean your best friend is insane!"

"Hey! I got cleared by the doctors. I'm sane." Jade said calmly.

"What doctor, I'll have them fired." Cor said as he turned to glare at me.

"You know, I think if those two admitted they loved each other, it would be so much easier for them to-"

"We aren't in love!" We both yelled as we glared at Cid.

"I need to get some air." Cor said as he shook his head.

"There's air here." I said calmly.

"I DON'T WANT YOUR AIR!" He snapped out.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY AIR!" I snapped back.

"FUCK YOU!"

"BURN IN HELL!" I yelled back.

"Those two are totally going to get together." Regis said with a chuckle.

"Undoubtedly." Clarus said calmly.

"I would rather be burned alive." I growled out.

I pushed past them and went to get some air.

I didn't hate Cor, merely wished he wouldn't treat me like a child. I had known Cor for most of my life. I was fourteen when I met him, he had just joined the guard. He was a good year older than me and always super strict.

Our relationship was strange ever since we met. To everyone we hated each other, but we both know that wasn't the case. In all honesty I was hopelessly in love with Cor Leonis.

I found a balcony and leaned over it. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on my visions. Everything soon got dark and I saw Jade appear.

"For those who know me... you know that I'm not rich... I come from a poor family.... the only reason I'm here is because of Rouge.... she saved me you see. Gave me a family I didn't know I needed." Jade said softly.

She whipped her eyes and let out a laugh.

"I grew up in an abusive home... Rouge, she found out and saved me. Brought me to the palace and gave my mother a job... threw my father in jail were he rots. You all see Rouge as a Princess and a Seer, but I know what she really was... she was a symbol of hope. Hope that we can prosper. That we can make a change in the world." Jade said softly.

She stepped back and I watched as Clarus walked up to the stand.

"Deep in thought?" A voice asked breaking my concentration.

I turned my head and saw Regis smiling at me.

My heart started to spin again and I closed my eyes and everything went dark.

Regis was in an elevator getting his hand bandaged up along with a woman and man.

"Yes. But it was the only way to draw their wrath from Noctis." Regis said softly.

"Is that the way of our king? Sacrifice Lucian sons to save his own?" The man said angrily.

"To save the world. See Luna safely to Altissia. This is not an order from a king to his Glaive. This is a plea from one man to another. Please, Nyx Ulric, keep her safe. For the future of all." He said softly.

"The future?" Nyx asked with a frown.

"Here. Take this. It is time it passed to another's keeping." Regis said as he slipped a ring into the woman's hand.

They made it out and before I knew it, Regis put a shield up between them.

"No, please. Stop." The woman begged.

"Get back." Nyx said calmly.

"Please. Don't leave us." She begged.

"I know your mother would wish the same as me. That you and Noctis live happily. All those years captive because I failed you. Not again." He said softly.

"Locked doors will seal your fate no longer. King Regis." A voice said.

"Our hope goes with you now, Nyx Ulric. Godspeed." Regis said as he turned around.

"Behold the King of Lucis who hoarded tranquility within his precious walls. Where is your tranquility now, king? Here is your peace, by steel's swift descent." The man said sternly.

"No!" The woman yelled as his sword came down.

My eyes shot open and I backed away from Regis.

"Easy." He said softly.

"I-"

"It's okay." He said as he pulled me into a hug.

I quickly pulled away and cleared my throat.

"I'm fine... I'm... fine." I said as I pushed past him.

"Rogue, when will you allow someone inside?" He asked softly.

"I dare not allow anyone to share my pain." I said as I walked away from him.

I set down near the bar and ordered a water.

"It's in your hair pin." A voice said.

I turned around and saw Cor walking towards me. He set down beside me and ordered a drink.

"What is?" I asked softly.

"The tracker. I put it in the head pin I gave you for your sixteenth birthday." He explained.

"Why?"

"Cause I worry. You have a habit of getting yourself into trouble." He said softly.

"How did you know I would wear it?"

"Because I know you." He said as he met my eyes.