Chapter 7

I hung my dress up and then turned to send Jane a small smile.

"Jade, can you promise me something?" I asked as she set down on the bed.

"Of course."

"If something happens to me.... keep living your life." I said softly.

"Rouge-"

"I want you to be happy... to have a life with Clarus... to bug the hell out of Cid and Cor." I said softly.

She nodded her head and I sent her a smile.

"And be there for Regis." I said softly.

"Always." She said as she sent me a smile.

I let out a sigh and back at the dress.

"I know I shouldn't tell you this, but... I need someone to know. When I finally see the prophecy.... I will lose something... a part of me. It could be anything... it just depends on what I see." I said softly.

"Does Regis know this?"

"No one does... not even my father. The oracle told me it was... a curse for the Seer. That they lose something of importance to them. Need it be something simple or big." I said softly.

"No matter what it is, I shall stand beside you, always." Jade said as she squeezed my hands.

I nodded my head and changed clothes. I stopped mid dressing when everything spun. I felt my legs give out and I hit the ground.

"My sister has always been my best friend... since the moment she was born... I swore to protect her. I failed in that job." Regis said softly.

A tear streamed down his face and he held back a sob.

"You call her the Seer, but that isn't what I saw her as. I saw her as my sister.... as the Princess of Lucis.... and the Seer of Hope." Regis said softly.

A hand gently touched his back and he turned to see Cor. He nodded his head and moved to the side to allow him to step forward.

When my eyes opened I saw Cor standing over me with Jade.

"Are you okay?" Jade asked softly.

"I'm fine."

"Lier. I'm bringing you home." Cor said as he helped me stand.

"I can't." I said softly.

"Rouge-"

"This is my last night! My last night of being whole! I know not what the gods will take from me! I need tomorrow night." I said through tears.

"Rouge." Jade said softly.

"Can you give us a moment?" Cor asked softly.

She nodded her head and left the room.

"Cor, I'm fine. Please stop worrying about me-"

Cor pinned me to the wall and glared down at me.

"Let me shoulder your burdens!" He snapped.

"I don't need you watching my every move! I'm a grown woman and I-"

I was cut off by him capturing my lips with his.

"You idiot.... don't you realize that I love you." He said sadly.

"Cor-"

"Do you know the pain I get from watching you suffer?" He asked softly.

He let out a sigh and let go of me.

"Everyday since I've met you... I've watched you suffer and you won't let me help. You won't let me shoulder some of your burden and that's all I've ever wanted."

"You know... that was my first kiss." I said softly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"You could of least kissed me for longer than a few seconds." I said calmly.

"Forgive me, I had hoped to make it more... special."

"Well, I guess you can do a redo."

He let out a laugh and shook his head.

"And... I love you too.... have for awhile." I said softly.

He sent me a smile and leaned down and gently kissed me. I smiled against his lips and pulled him closer. After awhile we pulled apart and I let out a sigh.

"I won't let you shoulder my burdens... I can't. Not when I love you. I won't even allow my father to shoulder my burdens... because I want those I love to be happy.... I need you all to be happy." I said softly.

"Rouge-"

I cut him off by pressing my lips against his.

"Don't do this." Cor begged.

"I love you.... more than life itself... but.. you have to move on... you have to start a family... for me." I said through tears.

"How can I start a family when the woman I love, tells me she is going to die?" He asked angrily.

"You just have to."

"I can save you, just tell me-"

"I can't... I can't change what is to happen.... nothing can." I said sadly.

"You can't ask me to do this... you can't ask me to let you die."

The door opened and I turned my head to see Regis walk in.

"What's going on?" He asked with a frown.

"Your sister is asking me to kill her." Cor said angrily.

I pulled away from Cor and sent him a smile.

"I love you." I said softly.

"And I you."

I pulled him into another kiss and led him backwards. I pushed him onto the bed and he looked at me shocked.

"Rouge, are you sure-"

"Yes... I want to be with you... if you'll have me." I said softly.

"Always." He said as he pulled me down and captured my lips with his.

After everything was finished I laid my head on his shoulder and let out a sigh.

"I love you." Cor said softly.

"I love you more." I said as I leaned up and pecked his lips.

We soon fell asleep and the next morning I was woke up by Jade knocking on our door. We quickly jumped up and put our clothes on.

"Give me a second!" I called.

The door was swung open and I grabbed the cover.

"Oh Regis will kill you." Jade said with a laugh as Cor grabbed a pillow.

"Only if you tell him." I said calmly.

"Yea, I won't. Now time to get dressed, so Cor leave us."

"Let me out some clothes on."

She turned around and he got dressed.

"I'll see you tonight." Cor said as he leaned down and pecked my lips.

"See you later." I said softly.

"I love you." He said softly.

"Love you more."

He pulled me into another kiss before finally letting go of me. I let out a sigh and sent Jade a smile as she turned around.

"Hi." I said softly.

"Hi." She said with a smile.

I let out a laugh and shook my head.

"So was it good?"

"Jade!" I exclaimed as I pushed her away.

She burst out laughing and we got to work on getting ready.